Recent Topics

Ads

Anti virus programm delete the launcher Data

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Exendriad
Posts: 3

Anti virus programm delete the launcher Data

Post#1 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:05 pm

Hey guys, sadly my stupid Gdata ant virus programm deleted the launcher file RoRlauncher.exe and i cant get it back. can someone send it onto this post? so i can dwnload it once more?

Ads
Elemint
Posts: 112

Re: Anti virus programm delete the launcher Data

Post#2 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 pm

Run the RoRUpdater, it will download a new launcher for you

Fiveskin
Posts: 6

Re: Anti virus programm delete the launcher Data

Post#3 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:50 pm

Same happened to me. But Windows Defender won't allow me to download the new RoRLauncher. Says it has a trojan in it.

User avatar
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 682

Re: Anti virus programm delete the launcher Data

Post#4 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:55 pm

Fiveskin wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:50 pm
Same happened to me. But Windows Defender won't allow me to download the new RoRLauncher. Says it has a trojan in it.
Temporarily disable Windows Defender, pull the Launcher down. Whitelist the Launcher, restart Windows Defender.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-excl ... irus-scans
* Kaelang - Disciple of Khaine RR83 *
* PM me your worst exploits - I might have treats in return *


Exendriad
Posts: 3

Re: Anti virus programm delete the launcher Data

Post#5 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:29 am

ut since when i can only download the ganme as a torrent ? i cant open it, i dont have an RoRupdater in the folder aswell..

Psilord
Posts: 28

Re: Anti virus programm delete the launcher Data

Post#6 » Fri May 22, 2020 10:54 am

Kaelang wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:55 pm
Fiveskin wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:50 pm
Same happened to me. But Windows Defender won't allow me to download the new RoRLauncher. Says it has a trojan in it.
Temporarily disable Windows Defender, pull the Launcher down. Whitelist the Launcher, restart Windows Defender.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-excl ... irus-scans
If someone you dont know says , your AV-Programm is wrong , cause he say it to you , you will beleve him ???
Why you use a AV-Programm , when you dont trust that programm and the whole team of IT-Exoerts behind this programm ???
Your choice . But please use you brain first .

PS: and closing a threat " viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38577 " ist also not a option to make something wrong to be wright . AV dont work that way , that they say : I dont know the Programm , so it has to be a trojaner/virus in that code . A AV programm searches for KNOWEN CODE in Programms , where they KNOW that this code has User for a Virus/Trojaner !

User avatar
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 682

Re: Anti virus programm delete the launcher Data

Post#7 » Fri May 22, 2020 11:30 am

Psilord wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:54 am
Kaelang wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:55 pm
Fiveskin wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:50 pm
Same happened to me. But Windows Defender won't allow me to download the new RoRLauncher. Says it has a trojan in it.
Temporarily disable Windows Defender, pull the Launcher down. Whitelist the Launcher, restart Windows Defender.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-excl ... irus-scans
If someone you dont know says , your AV-Programm is wrong , cause he say it to you , you will beleve him ???
Why you use a AV-Programm , when you dont trust that programm and the whole team of IT-Exoerts behind this programm ???
Your choice . But please use you brain first .

PS: and closing a threat " viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38577 " ist also not a option to make something wrong to be wright . AV dont work that way , that they say : I dont know the Programm , so it has to be a trojaner/virus in that code . A AV programm searches for KNOWEN CODE in Programms , where they KNOW that this code has User for a Virus/Trojaner !
If you choose to believe your over-zealous AV pulling file names that don't exist from files they don't recognise - over a team of people who have been running a successful, completely free to play passion project, then that's absolutely fine. You don't need to run the Launcher, and we aren't forcing you to play the game.

You came here for advice - the advice has been given. If you would rather not play based on the AV flagging the file, that's completely your choice.

There's only so many times we can say it's fine to someone.
* Kaelang - Disciple of Khaine RR83 *
* PM me your worst exploits - I might have treats in return *


Exendriad
Posts: 3

Re: Anti virus programm delete the launcher Data

Post#8 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:06 pm

Well i came here for advice :( And i now opened the torrent File and the doesnt finish the Update .. Ithe whole war ordner now once more, the launcher opens, but stops the update and errors


Error Downloading updater:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Der Zugriff auf den Pfad "C:\Users\Erik\Downloads\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe" wurde verweigert.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
bei RoRUpdater.MainWindow.c7L3Zl71wSqG8TOaIO(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
bei RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )

Ads
User avatar
Skiantos
Posts: 57

Re: Anti virus programm delete the launcher Data

Post#9 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:38 pm

Have the same problem with Avira.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests