Recent Topics

Ads

Floating weapons and bodies in the ground

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Draahl

Re: Floating weapons and bodies in the ground

Post#21 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Update: Moved folder to HDD from SSD, game works now.

Ads
Infexion

Post#22 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Same problem as others on two different PCs. Repaired, deleted cache, set to not Read-only, updated graphics driver, problem still not fixed
Tophealer RR86 WP

Biro123

Post#23 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:47 pm

Hm.. so my folder was set to read-only.. I changed it - re-ran a repair. Problem not fixed, and the folder has been set back to read-only... by the launcher, I guess.

Also using an SSD.

hm, tell a lie.. setting it to read-only asks for admin to proceed.. goes through the process of doing it for all sub-folders (with progress bar etc) - but when its done, it still says read-only... odd.

VegnaXan

Post#24 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:52 pm

im having same issue. im also running norton security and i dont know how to whitelist the game folder in that program

JoeMamAz

Post#25 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:55 pm

I had the same problem, unchecked read only (again) and moved to my SSD. No longer have the problem.

Biro123

Post#26 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:05 pm

Well, after trying everything else, I copied the whole Return of Reckoning folder from my SSD to my HDD - ran a repair - and its now working.. ofc. I'd prefer it to run on my SSD..

dusanbogatic

Post#27 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:07 pm

I just quit the game, closed launcher and started it again. It started updating one more time for a min and then when i came back all was fine. I didn't have to do anything. Cheers!

Biro123

Post#28 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:08 pm

Still stuck spawning in Ironskin Skar - which it *thinks* is order held, but full of destro Lord/guards.. can't get out of it!

Ads
Esmeralda

Post#29 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:08 pm

Biro123 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:05 pm Well, after trying everything else, I copied the whole Return of Reckoning folder from my SSD to my HDD - ran a repair - and its now working.. ofc. I'd prefer it to run on my SSD..
this is what worked for me, still would like to somehow fix it for SSD

Infexion

Post#30 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:16 pm

Fixed it by copying the warhammer folder from my SSD to a USB stick, run the updater once, closed it, rerun it and it did some minor update the second time that fixed it.

Edit> It runs fine from USB stick but if i copy it back to SSD it still has the same issue, so SSD is the issue as others mentioned
Tophealer RR86 WP