Recent Topics

Ads

Minimum Technical Specs?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
maxtrooper

Minimum Technical Specs?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Just wondering if there is a page or a suggestion for what the minimum hardware technical specifications should be.

For example:
1. How modern of a CPU do I need? Do multiple cores matter?
2. How much RAM do I need?
3. Is a GPU necessary?
4. I could run on either Windows or Linux, does it matter for performance reasons?

Main reason I ask is that I don't have a lot of money atm (I'm a grad student) and all I have is a dinky laptop I use for my computer science classes. I played AoR back when I was like 13 years old and I absolutely loved it. When I found out there was a private server I knew I wanted to play again.

Thanks in advance!

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Minimum Technical Specs?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Read the readme file in your game folder. But tbh there is no minimal spec for this game any longer. You can rum this on a potato ^^. Just some laptops have problems with it.

maxtrooper

Post#3 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:24 pm

Thanks!

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:45 pm

saupreusse wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:23 pm Read the readme file in your game folder. But tbh there is no minimal spec for this game any longer. You can rum this on a potato ^^. Just some laptops have problems with it.

Not entirely true, I know for a fact that the launcher will no longer connect to the server if you are using WinXP. Haven't tried it with Vista, but it does still connect with Win7. Funny part of that is, the game itself runs smoother with less lag under WinXP than it does under Win7. Probably has to do with all the background junk the newer versions of windows run, XP had a lot less of that stuff...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80