Recent Topics

Ads

Black Screen at Startup

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
xpander
Community Management

Re: Black Screen at Startup

Post#11 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:52 pm

install directx9
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
xruptor

Post#12 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:53 pm

I mean it seems odd, but try deleting the UserSettings.xml from the user folder and see what happens. That would put your settings at default. Only other thing is make sure you are running as a 64bit client.

I believe xpander is correct. I think the torrent comes with a DirectX you need to install. It's important you have it. It should be dx90c (DirectX 9.0 c)

Diragi

Post#13 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:19 pm

I get a black screen most patches if I don't close the launcher. Patch days are obvious but I do get caught out with hotfixes. Restarting the patcher/launcher will solve it.

xruptor

Post#14 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:39 am

Hmm I guess they fixed it.

janna

Post#15 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:01 pm

sadly all that does not helped.

uninstalled and installed the game again.

uninstalled and installed gpu driver.

installed directx9.

nothing. as soon as i start the game the monitor resolution switches, i sometimes see the little warhammer square window with the logo and the loading animation and then only the intro sound from the opening video and a black screen. strange thing.

zak68

Post#16 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:16 pm

what happens if you tap alt+enter when screen goes black ?

janna

Post#17 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:31 pm

sound (introvid?) stops, like you hit esc. screen still black

Borialis

Post#18 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:22 pm

Hey I just freshly downloaded the game and I've done everything everyone has advised to do and nothing seems to work, I open the launcher in admin mode, then hit connect to start the game, and then black screen but I have sound help? (also I forgot to say I'm not super teck savy)

Ads
xruptor

Post#19 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:33 am

Have you tried installing directX 9c?

If you are still having issues then I suspect it has something to do with the client not being able to draw to the screen. If you have antivirus make sure to put it in the exception list. The game itself or the folder where it's installed.

Don't forget to try deleting the interface and user folder from the warhammer install directory. That may work. Also make sure your client is running on 64bit from the launcher. Did you try to repair from launcher... so forth and so on.

More threads on the subject.
viewtopic.php?t=25381&start=10

viewtopic.php?t=24322

Thoruic

Post#20 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:29 pm

janna wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:01 pm
nothing. as soon as i start the game the monitor resolution switches, i sometimes see the little warhammer square window with the logo and the loading animation and then only the intro sound from the opening video and a black screen. strange thing.
Same issue here. I have downloaded the game several times now. Done everything to the book. Then boom. Intro logo for a split second and the monitor freq changes. Black screen and I can hear audio