Recent Topics

Ads

Black Screen at Startup

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
xruptor

Re: Black Screen at Startup

Post#21 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:11 pm

Thoruic wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:29 pm
janna wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:01 pm
nothing. as soon as i start the game the monitor resolution switches, i sometimes see the little warhammer square window with the logo and the loading animation and then only the intro sound from the opening video and a black screen. strange thing.
Same issue here. I have downloaded the game several times now. Done everything to the book. Then boom. Intro logo for a split second and the monitor freq changes. Black screen and I can hear audio
The only other thing I can recommend is installing .NET 4.6, or try launching the game as an administrator. You may have to do this from the games exe file itself (right click properties, check run as administrator). So forth and so on... It's a pretty old game and since this is a private server, we don't have Mythic/WarhammerOnline Company and such to help us debug client problems. It's all community based here.

One of the major issues here is that, people are not putting their system specs/information to help solve the issue. What graphics card are you using? What Operating System? Windows/Linux/MacOS, etc.. How much memory do you have and such. You know basic information folks need to fix issues. The other problem is that when folks tend to fix things, they almost never come back to the forums and say how they fixed it or if they fixed it. So you'll find a lot of incomplete threads were it seems they somehow fixed it but never bothered to respond to the thread on how they fixed it.

I'm sorry it hasn't worked for you. I don't know what else to add here. This issue has been discussed in the past if you do a search on the forums but nobody has found the exact cause or fix. It does seem to be isolated to certain systems.

I mean there are quite a number of threads on the issue or related to it.
https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=15095
viewtopic.php?t=24303
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16&start=1020#p395123
https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=14523
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4641
viewtopic.php?t=3061
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20349
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35897
viewtopic.php?t=20319
viewtopic.php?t=22783

Ads
janna

Post#22 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:59 am

I "fixed" it that way, that i redownloaded it from Elven here (Page 112) viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16&start=1110

First workaround was to copy the dx9 files direcly into the war folder. Fixed the problem for whatever reason too, but at least my installation was fu.... up with other bugs then.

So if copying the files will not fix it, try the download from above (downloaded it directly on d: btw). And maybe use another browser then chrome to download, had to run it 3 times cause chrome wont compile the last kb of the .zip-file und just started the download again from the beginning.~

Hope that helps. Good luck.

isaacsdad

Post#23 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:27 pm

I just updated the game as I was going to check it out again. I have similar problems as discussed in this thread. After I choose to log in my character, it goes black screen for a second, then blue screen, and then my character appears in game. However, I cannot see chat boxes, my pull-down boxes (character, inventory, etc), nor any quickbars. I can click on the npc's in the camp, however, no dialogue box pulls up. Is there a thread for this?