Recent Topics

Ads

Oppressor Gear

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
VincentMicah

Oppressor Gear

Post#1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:19 am

I’ve recently hit 40 and have been mapping out how I want to gear my character and I can’t see why anyone would want to proceed with the SC grind for the oppressor set. The volume of emblems needed is completely insane and you’d lose interest in the game far quicker than picking up the rewards. It would take months of grinding scenarios to get it all.

I’ve been cruising round in RvR, made it to RR53 and have already picked up 50 odd invader tokens. It is far quicker for me to obtain a higher quality set and skip the oppressor set all together.

The only thing is that there is only 1 set choice of invaders gear forcing me to choose 1 play style.

I really think the number of emblems needs to be reduced. Thoughts

Ads
havartii

Re: Oppressor Gear

Post#2 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:04 am

I think the weapons are way over priced as well, but i guess it's content.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Tom

Post#3 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:54 am

Yes, sc weapons are certainly very pricey especially after they got nerfed, compared to a subjugator weapon that drops in purple bags ever so often.
I wouldn't necessarily want the emblem cost reduced, but rather the weapon stats increased. Im still collecting those weapons as goals to achieve, but its certainly not a clear cut case they are better than even subjugator, which is a shame given how much harder they are to acquire.

TreefAM

Post#4 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:22 am

Yes they are above subj in every shape and form, though most pure dps classes will want fort/bloodlord these days.