Recent Topics

Ads

My power spiked while trying to login now I cannot get into warhammer even after a full re-install

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
philaltmann21

My power spiked while trying to login now I cannot get into warhammer even after a full re-install

Post#1 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:40 am

Help my power spiked once while playing online and again after I tried to login again, after that I got a page of some kind of script or codes or something everytime I tried to open the updater. (its how I got into the game everytime beforehand) so after I restarted my computer and it still did the same thing I decided to reinstall the game, after carefully following the instructions on the website I opened the launcher (the RoR updater file was no longer there) nothing happened until the web server box went from yellow to red and thats all. I was playing this game for a few weeks just fine before this, I have no idea what happened to the game, any help would be appreciated.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: My power spiked while trying to login now I cannot get into warhammer even after a full re-install

Post#2 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:09 am

what does the error mesage say?

philaltmann21

Re: My power spiked while trying to login now I cannot get into warhammer even after a full re-install

Post#3 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:17 am

tried to copy/paste it but could not highlight it, it was a big white page with a bunch of gibberish, none of it made sense to me

Edit: so the error message was similar to this post viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1165&p=12006#p12006

Apparently I need to do a preformance check, not sure how that is done and the links that was posted on that forum post is no longer there. Also I no longer get that error message, the game just refuses to update fully or start properly.

philaltmann21

Post#4 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:18 am

Please someone help me, I have been trying to fix this for almost 6 hours now with no success. I just can not wrap my head around why my internet going out makes me unable to play warhammer anymore?

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#5 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:55 am

Hello, as you're not sure what error is popping, can you try the below?:

1- First, let's make sure the basics are done. Make sure your installation folder is in another folder, for example C:\Games\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning.

2- Make sure the Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning folder has "Read Only" unchecked. To do that, right click on the folder and it'll be at the bottom.

3- Since you tried repairing the client and couldn't find how, please open the RoR launcher and click on the settings (top right of the client). Afterwards, you'll have the "Repair" button.

3- Try running the game now.

4- If it didn't work, please download and install a VPN program. You don't need to pay anything and pick whatever suits your taste, it won't matter what program. After installing, make sure your RoR launcher is closed, start the VPN program and pick a region/server and afterwards, launch the RoR Launcher and try connecting.

philaltmann21

Post#6 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:08 pm

Hello, I edited in the error message before you read this post, not sure how you missed it but I posted it, so after many hours last night of trying to get a fix without success I decided to do a system restore, when I try to open the launcher/updater it starts downloading way too many hard assets, should I retorrent the file?

I followed the instructions carefully and thoroughly but still the same conclusion as what I said above, I have done research into this looking at other forum posts and watching videos and such but nothing I have tried has worked.

xruptor

Post#7 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:18 pm

If your power went out, it seems like a file corruption to me if you cannot play. If the file repair hasn't worked, you may want to retorrent the game and see if that works for you. The only other thing I can think of is that something else got corrupted besides the game that is preventing you from playing. Other files in your system could have been affected from the abrupt power failure. As a suggestion you can try to reinstall DirectX again as well? If you are downloading assets that's a good thing. Run the launcher several times and wait for it to patch fully. Then give it another whirl. Hope that helps.