Recent Topics

Ads

Difficulties with Today's Patch

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Lordcrist

Difficulties with Today's Patch

Post#1 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:31 am

Is anyone else having issues with getting todays patch past "Downlaoding (1/7)...WAR-64.exe"

I've restarted the launcher several times.

Ads
Lordcrist

Re: Difficulties with Today's Patch

Post#2 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:59 am

I restarted my computer and tried again. It patched.

Duukar

Post#3 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:11 am

My anti virus claimed WAR64.exe was a virus and auto deleted it after months of playing without issue.

Fresh install required and I had to go deep into my AV settings to find the correct spot to exclude WAR64.exe

Definitely not happy atm

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:45 am

Man, if only we included this specifically in the install guide. Which we did. Please whitelist the entire WAR folder. When we update, aggressive antivirus and firewalls will likely break everything.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Duukar

Post#5 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:17 am

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:45 am Man, if only we included this specifically in the install guide. Which we did. Please whitelist the entire WAR folder. When we update, aggressive antivirus and firewalls will likely break everything.
I thought I had seeing as how I've been playing for like 7 months now without "much" issue.

Now suddenly the WAR64.exe is a virus.. So clearly some random change or I don't know what as I've gone through countless patches already without forcing reinstalls.

Maybe a Change from my AV......

FYI, I read the install guide. Thanks a lot for the solid advice...

Athelred

Post#6 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:13 pm

I had the same problem but didn't need to reinstall. If using Norton then it's only deleted the WAR64.exe file, but it's still being held in quarantine so I restored it and set it to be excluded. Needed to restart but that was all.

Norton also questioned its activity once it started running but again just exclude it from that too.