Recent Topics

Ads

Crashing upon loading into Nordland

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Witler

Crashing upon loading into Nordland

Post#1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:00 pm

Hi,

As a returning player that tried out RoR on launch I was curious to play this weekend - however, I cant seem to access my characters.
Starting the game works fine, as do any other starter area besides from Nordland, where my game instantly crashes.

The error message in Event logger shows 0xc0000005 as the error code, following "Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows.".
This seems to be a memory management issue and is not exclusive to RoR, as with other dx9 games it has been occuring to some degree but not as frequent or as predictable. I'm curious to why it might only be in Nordland that I'm crashing and if there is any common solution to this issue regarding RoR, as any solutions surrounding the error does not exist as a certain fix.

Any recommendations or insight to this is greatly appriecated, as I've tried the popular solutions found from searching but with no success.

Ads