Recent Topics

Ads

[SOLVED] Screen "solitaire"-ing upon entering game world

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Draahl

[SOLVED] Screen "solitaire"-ing upon entering game world

Post#1 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:19 am

Hi, I just upgraded my GFX card and installed the latest GeForce drivers. My last GFX card straight up suicided while playing ROR one day. I just got my PC working again after replacing the GPU, played Minecraft a few hours without issues. But now this happens when I get inside ROR:

I was messing about while ingame, stuck like this, and when I tabbed back in it suddenly unfroze for a few seconds then re-froze.

Specs:

Corsair RM750x
GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 cores 3.6 Ghz
MSI B450 Tomahawk
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4/3200 16GB

Please help :(
Last edited by Draahl on Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Screen "solitaire"-ing upon entering game world

Post#2 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:04 am

Are you using reshade?
try turning off post processing in the video settings.
does it happen in fullscreen and window mode?

Draahl

Post#3 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:15 am

saupreusse wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:04 am Are you using reshade?
try turning off post processing in the video settings.
does it happen in fullscreen and window mode?
* I "quarantined" Reshade and tested. No difference.
* Post processing makes no difference.
* I tested and it only happens in Windowed (So I can play full screen, at least a few minutes while I tested, nothing happened. Thanks for that!)

But I definitely want to use it windowed mode. So I still need to find a fix. But thank you for helping me get one step closer.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:45 pm

Are you using nvidia control panel to force AA/AF?
You can also try navigating to war64.exe > properties > compatibility > disable/enable fullscreen optimisations.
When i try to use reshade while the windows fullscreen optimisations are turned off it will result in exactly the same graphic errors.

Draahl

Post#5 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:36 pm

saupreusse wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:45 pm Are you using nvidia control panel to force AA/AF?
You can also try navigating to war64.exe > properties > compatibility > disable/enable fullscreen optimisations.
When i try to use reshade while the windows fullscreen optimisations are turned off it will result in exactly the same graphic errors.
The fullscreen vs. windowed mode stopped working, and it just happens in both modes now, slightly differently sometimes (intense flickering instead of solitairing).

I tested with the fullscreen optimizations, didn't change anything.
I also tried disabling the Geforce Experience Ingame Overlay since that was a new thing, didn't change.

I went into my Nvidia Control Panel and turned the things that were On, to Off. Here's what it looks like now. Nothing changed.

I also went and installed then played FFXIV for a bit. It worked perfectly, so it seems to be just ROR.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:44 pm

are you sure you completely removed reshade? this sure looks like a reshade problem

Draahl

Post#7 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:55 pm

Now I moved out everything called reshade from my WAR folder, but when I try to start the launcher I get an error message "The program could not be executed because Reshade.dll was not found." :(

I guess the only thing to do now is save my user settings and do a clean install.

Draahl

Post#8 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:19 pm

I patched the clean version I got from the torrent on my HDD with no addons and no reshade and the game works fine. So I think you are right, it's a Reshade problem. Gonna try to move over the healthy copy and see.

Ads
Draahl

Post#9 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:41 pm

I moved over the clean WAR, and threw in my user and Interface settings from my old folder. Everything works! Just no reshade, for the time being. Thanks for the help!

saupreusse
Developer

Re: [SOLVED] Screen "solitaire"-ing upon entering game world

Post#10 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:49 pm

I have tested it a bit: disabled windows fullscreen optimization + reshade does not work. However if you enable the fullscreen reshade optimisation you can not use the nvidia control panel enhancements.