Recent Topics

Ads

Cant play.

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Gantie

Cant play.

Post#1 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Downloaded the game < followed all the steps on the read me. Read only, DX9 etc. but the launcher isnt patching and the connect button is greyed out. hope someone can help!

wots
Wots

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Re: Cant play.

Post#2 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:49 pm

Gantie wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:24 pm Downloaded the game < followed all the steps on the read me. Read only, DX9 etc. but the launcher isnt patching and the connect button is greyed out. hope someone can help!

wots
Hey,

here is the download and install guide.

How to Download:
- Recommend Torrent Tixati: http://www.tixati.com/
- First step, disable your Antivirus, Firewall, or Malware detection programs. These can potentially interfere with an install.
- Download torrent file: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/files ... 20.torrent
- Run the Torrent file, with the Torrent app, and wait until it's finishes.

How to Install:
- Stop your Torrent from seeding (close it, maybe check your task manager)
- Move the RoR Folder to c:\ (or atleast it's NOT in c:\program or a folder which it wont have write access. For instance move it to c:\Games\Return of Reckoning)
- delete the RoRLauncher.exe
- download a new one here: http://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/RoRLauncher.exe
- put the new RoRLauncher.exe back into the RoR-folder
- Remove the write-protection from all the files in the WAR folder. (right click the game folder -> properties -> disable the read-only box)
- Check if your whole RoR Folder is whitelisted in your Antivirus program and check if your Firewall or Maleware doesn't interfere with the install.
- You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges. (Right click the RoR updater > properties > run administrator)
- Run the RoRLauncher.exe
- Let it update (sometimes it needs a few seconds until it starts)
- Exit launcher and rerun it again
- Repeat the last 2-steps until there is no update
- Launch the game
- [If you don't have DirectX 9.0c, installed it is required, and now this is also included in the torrent. In the ReturnOfReckoning-March2020 folder find the dx90c folder, open that and run DXSETUP.exe]

Gantie

Post#3 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:06 pm

Honestly done all the above, its just greyed out. very confusing
Wots

Lilim
Community Management

Post#4 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:36 pm

Gantie wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:06 pm Honestly done all the above, its just greyed out. very confusing
Hey,

hm...if you checked your directory rights, firewall and antivir....you can try a VPN to Paris.

Altarion4

Post#5 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:12 am

I decided to reinstall the game and there are more problems than anything else, I did all that, I can play but I have no animation when riding the mount, and the other players too, with Nateru everything was great ..... :roll: