Recent Topics

Ads

Game suddenly started crashing to desktop whenever I log out to swap character

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Oglaf
Suspended

Game suddenly started crashing to desktop whenever I log out to swap character

Post#1 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:33 pm

It poops itself and gives me a runtime error message. Didn't used to do this until maybe... two patches ago?

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Re: Game suddenly started crashing to desktop whenever I log out to swap character

Post#2 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:41 pm

Oglaf wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:33 pm It poops itself and gives me a runtime error message. Didn't used to do this until maybe... two patches ago?
Hey,

1. Clear the content of your cache folder
2. Check your AddOns if they're red
3. Also check these two threads to improve your performance:
+ Viny's FPS guide: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19867#p218143
+ list to reduce crashes:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20075&sid=f1d9ec9fb ... fcbe13d3f5

Oglaf
Suspended

Re: Game suddenly started crashing to desktop whenever I log out to swap character

Post#3 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:19 am

Regularly clear my cache folder. Haven't really added a new AddOn or changed anything.

From what I'm hearing when asking in-game, I'm not the only one. Apparently the crashes also frequently happen when using /reload.

Borglog

Post#4 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:25 am

this is what happens a very lot when game client is messed with the files inside or when launcher don't download all the file changes

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:23 pm

Borglog wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:25 am this is what happens a very lot when game client is messed with the files inside or when launcher don't download all the file changes
Do you know how to fix it? Cuz its very annoying.

Borglog

Post#6 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:13 pm

delete a small file like data.myp and then press launcher and then it should redownload also press the repair button if that don't work