Recent Topics

Ads

Computer deleted executable

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Mabus84

Computer deleted executable

Post#1 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:11 pm

For some reason today my computer or rather the anti-virus upon startup, not when I had logged in, told me it was removing some files. Turns out it was the executable file to run this game and I can't run it directly from war.exe. I played the game this morning and didn't notice any updates to affect the executable or maybe I missed it.

Ads
Mabus84

Re: Computer deleted executable

Post#2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:14 pm

Think I found out the reason viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241

CountTalabecland

Post#3 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:37 am

I feel that, my anti-virus also decided to delete my launcher today. And deleted it when I attempted to reinstall.

I also don’t have control of the anti-virus because its work-related. Looks like that’s the end of me for awhile.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Mabus84

Post#4 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:24 pm

When I redownloaded the game and tried to launch it my anti-virus told me it was a generic trojan and deleted it again. Why it had suddenly deemed it to be so when before hand it didn't confuses me.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#5 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:25 pm

Hey,

wiscel

Post#6 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Mabus84 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:11 pm For some reason today my computer or rather the anti-virus upon startup, not when I had logged in, told me it was removing some files. Turns out it was the executable file to run this game and I can't run it directly from war.exe. I played the game this morning and didn't notice any updates to affect the executable or maybe I missed it.
It happened to me as well all of a sudden yesterday (using Bitdefender), I had to download the Launcher again and put it on whitelist.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

Mabus84

Post#7 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:26 pm

wiscel wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:54 pm
Mabus84 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:11 pm For some reason today my computer or rather the anti-virus upon startup, not when I had logged in, told me it was removing some files. Turns out it was the executable file to run this game and I can't run it directly from war.exe. I played the game this morning and didn't notice any updates to affect the executable or maybe I missed it.
It happened to me as well all of a sudden yesterday (using Bitdefender), I had to download the Launcher again and put it on whitelist.
BitDefender is also my antivirus. Though even after whitelisting it I still have to tell it to allow me to connect once I restart my PC.