Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher keeps crashing

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Zeke160

Launcher keeps crashing

Post#1 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:45 am

The launcher keeps crashing on me. It occurs a little after it begins to download the 800 something files. It gets to about 11-14 and then just shuts down on me. I'm desperate here, as I've been messing around with it for a while now and have followed the instruction to the letter. I have downloaded the new launcher and replaced the file too, but I was having this same problem earlier when I hadn't. The whole torrent file is whitelisted on both microsoft defender and my other security program. Please help.

Ads
warlover

Re: Launcher keeps crashing

Post#2 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:51 am

When this happens to me i disable my Virus Protection and it all loads correctly

Zeke160

Post#3 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:08 am

Upon further testing it seems to crash randomly. It 's crashed over 100 files in and its crashed while downloading the manifest. I've just been try what you said Warlover and it doesn't seem to help unfortunately. Of course I could be doing it wrong, or something.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#4 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Spoiler:
Zeke160 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:08 am Upon further testing it seems to crash randomly. It 's crashed over 100 files in and its crashed while downloading the manifest. I've just been try what you said Warlover and it doesn't seem to help unfortunately. Of course I could be doing it wrong, or something.
Hey,

try this:

Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/AppData/Local/Return_of_Reckoning
and delete everything from there.

Edit:
- Check your Antivir aswell
- If it doesn't work, try a new launcher: http://launcher.returnofreckoning.com/RoRLauncher.exe

lifeson

Post#5 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:39 pm

Had this today too.
BitDefender decided to quarantine the RORLauncher after being happy with it for months.
I just added the WAR folder to the exceptions in Bitdefender and seems to work now.

Zeke160

Post#6 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:28 pm

Ok, I found the issue. When I un-selected the "read-only" option it was only removing the "read-only" option on a quarter of the files. I went in and manually un-ticked the read-only. Then the launcher worked, but I had to repair it because bodies wouldn't appear. Thanks for all the help guys! I would've been tearing out my hair trying to figure it outwith out your help narrowing it down!

warlover

Post#7 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:43 am

Glad you got it fixed :)