Recent Topics

Ads

[Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
gyps

Re: [Mac OS] How To Install Return of Reckoning

Post#51 » Tue May 31, 2022 2:11 pm

fargus wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:34 am hey!

why i cant see folder Direct3D here?

|HKEY CURRENT USER
+-Software
+-Wine
+-Direct3D
Did you install directx for modern games on the same bottle? Are you using a windows 10 64 bits bottle?

Ads
fargus

Post#52 » Tue May 31, 2022 2:32 pm

gyps wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:11 pm
fargus wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 11:34 am hey!

why i cant see folder Direct3D here?

|HKEY CURRENT USER
+-Software
+-Wine
+-Direct3D
Did you install directx for modern games on the same bottle? Are you using a windows 10 64 bits bottle?

I install directx both separately and inside the ROR bottle. I install a bottle of win 7 64-bit

dereejosh

Post#53 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:56 am

Has anyone else had an issue with Crossover where they can't enter their username and password because it throws an exception every time?

UPDATE - This error was being thrown as my Mac was using a keyboard not supported by the Windows 7 bottle on Crossover (I was using Te Reo Māori in my instance), once I swapped this to English it worked as expected :D

JacobusSmith

Post#54 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:08 am

Has anyone else encountered the issue on the launcher that the Verification at 7/7 stops and encounters an error at about 99%?

This is the message that pops up:

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Semaphore timeout
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Ge8xYjqQn4v3kHgSkAq(Object , Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.Nimgt80cKi(Object )

gyps

Post#55 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:36 pm

JacobusSmith wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:08 am Has anyone else encountered the issue on the launcher that the Verification at 7/7 stops and encounters an error at about 99%?

This is the message that pops up:

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Semaphore timeout
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Ge8xYjqQn4v3kHgSkAq(Object , Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.Nimgt80cKi(Object )
never, try to follow a repair of the client maybe?

gyps

Post#56 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:38 pm

Btw I've followed this guide to update moltenvk + dxvk and with dxvk enabled I'm playing at like 2º of temperature less.. feels more fluid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NQQCR74FQE

MacMallow

Post#57 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:55 pm

Hello

i install RoR with crossover but wen I start the game nothing is happen. The Launcher starts und closed in 2 seconds.
Have anybody a idea?

My iMac 24", M1 2021
16GB
Monterey 12.4
Crossover 21.1

gyps

Post#58 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:28 pm

Did you install Directx for modern games in the same bottle? what kind of bottle did you use, Is it win 7 64bits (i found some problems with win 10 bottles)? Finally you should install .Net framework 4 as well.

Ads
gyps

Post#59 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:46 pm

Crossover 22 is out, I feel like game works even better as default all options disables (DXVK, CSMT, High resolution, Esync off)

azazelios21

Post#60 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:47 am

hello , I am using crossover 22 and I tried everything on the guide but the RORlauncher doesn't launch :(
I tried using windows 7 64 bit wine and a windows 10 64 bit wine same issue behaviour
I also tried downloading the game files September 2022 direct download which runs out of the box on my windows pc but on Crossover 22 doesn't open again
I have tried installing directx 9 before and after and also try without installing it , same result the RORlauncher refuses to open
also I tried installing net framework separately but says net 4 is already installed so I tried 4.8 and installed it but no luck
I can play other windows games such as Elders scrolls arena downloaded from GOG so I do not know what I am doing wrong :(
any help guys ?