Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher Randomly Crashes

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Lilim
Community Management

Re: Launcher Randomly Crashes

Post#11 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:22 pm

hey,

haven you already joined the RoR discord and asked in #technical-advice?
link to the RoR Discord is in my signature.

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#12 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:34 pm

how did you download the game?
if not the torrent way.. then you might want to try that way and follow the installation guide exactly:

**How to Install:**

**+** Stop your Torrent from seeding (close it, maybe check your task manager)

**+** Move the Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning outside the ReturnofReckoning-March2020 folder and move it to c:\ ... for instance move it to c:\Games
(but **NOT** inside c:\ Program Files or c:\ Program Files (x86); it should be in a folder which it have write access)

**+** Remove the write-protection from all the files in the Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning folder.
(right click on the War Online - RoR folder > properties > disable the read-only box)

**+** Check that your whole Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning folder is whitelisted in your Antivirus program and check if your Firewall or Maleware doesn't interfere with the install.

**+** You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges.
(Right click on the RoRLauncher.exe > properties > run administrator)

**+** Run the RoRLauncher.exe
**+** Let it update (sometimes it needs a few seconds until it starts)
**+** Exit launcher and rerun it again
**+** Repeat the last 2-steps until there is no update left
**+** Launch the game

**!!!** [If you don't have DirectX 9.0c, installed it is required, and now this is also included in the torrent. In the ReturnOfReckoning-March2020 folder find the dx90c folder, open that and run DXSETUP.exe]
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Osprey39

Post#13 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:48 pm

@xpander, I did not use the torrent to download the program originally but I did not really have trouble getting it to install originally either. I remember the launcher resetting a couple of times before completing patching but I was able to get it done.

I had to reinstall because as I said in another post on this forum, the launcher just disappeared after an automatic Windows Update. I'm using the exact same executable to install from but now it does this random crashing thing over and over. I've tried probably at least 25 times to patch and it's failed every time. I will try the torrent I suppose but I don't understand why something that worked before, is not working now. I don't understand why the launcher was deleted by a Windows Update for that matter.

xpander
Community Management

Post#14 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:01 am

windows defender got updated and thought maybe its a virus or something? who knows... windows things™
re-download and start from the scratch is good thing to try.. its not like this game is 100GB also. Shouldnt be much of a problem.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

AzureGreatheart

Post#15 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:56 am

I didn't realize that there was already a second page, which is why I hadn't responded until now. I thought that the crashing might have been the result of having both the torrent version and the partially installed files from when I tried not using the torrent, so I uninstalled everything. I boot up the torrent, reinstall the game, readjust the settings to turn off read only and whitelist everything, aaand it still crashed. Same abrupt manner of crash, same lack of error message, same unhelpful launcher logs. I don't have even the slightest clue what might be causing this, and because I already looked through the forums before making this thread, I've already tried a lot of the things that could potentially help.
I don't think it'll be of much help, but here's the log for this attempt:
Spoiler:
[21/01/26 03:34:35] S Launcher : Launcher Started
[21/01/26 03:34:35] I Launcher : Running from [C:\Games\Warhammer Online\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning]
[21/01/26 03:34:35] I Web : Trying to Download XML
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : Recieved manifest (21 entries)
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : MYP different: ART
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : MYP different: ART2
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : MYP different: AUDIO
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : MYP different: DATA
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : MYP different: INTERFACE
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : MYP different: WORLD
[21/01/26 03:34:38] I Patcher : Recieved file info patch server.
[21/01/26 03:35:06] I Web : Trying to Download XML

Lilim
Community Management

Post#16 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:04 am

Spoiler:
AzureGreatheart wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:56 am I didn't realize that there was already a second page, which is why I hadn't responded until now. I thought that the crashing might have been the result of having both the torrent version and the partially installed files from when I tried not using the torrent, so I uninstalled everything. I boot up the torrent, reinstall the game, readjust the settings to turn off read only and whitelist everything, aaand it still crashed. Same abrupt manner of crash, same lack of error message, same unhelpful launcher logs. I don't have even the slightest clue what might be causing this, and because I already looked through the forums before making this thread, I've already tried a lot of the things that could potentially help.
I don't think it'll be of much help, but here's the log for this attempt:
Spoiler:
[21/01/26 03:34:35] S Launcher : Launcher Started
[21/01/26 03:34:35] I Launcher : Running from [C:\Games\Warhammer Online\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning]
[21/01/26 03:34:35] I Web : Trying to Download XML
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : Recieved manifest (21 entries)
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : MYP different: ART
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : MYP different: ART2
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : MYP different: AUDIO
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : MYP different: DATA
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : MYP different: INTERFACE
[21/01/26 03:34:36] I Patcher : MYP different: WORLD
[21/01/26 03:34:38] I Patcher : Recieved file info patch server.
[21/01/26 03:35:06] I Web : Trying to Download XML
Hey,

If it's possible, join the RoR discord...
It's a bit difficult to handle such things via forum posts. :D

JustnRPG

Post#17 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:01 am

Have u tried control panel>add and remove programs> uninstall game/launcher

Redownload from website, and after install right click the launcher and run as administrator.

Allow launcher through your firewall