Recent Topics

Ads

Cant log in my character

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
ChaplainKazzrak

Cant log in my character

Post#1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:31 pm

Hello ,

Since fews days I want back in the game , I've download the launcher , I go in the game and just before select my character the game crash , I have read the forum , uninstall and install twice but still nothing , someone can help ? thanks you

( i've try to delete and fix the audio files , try 68 bit and the other one )

Ads
bunyman4

Re: Cant log in my character

Post#2 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:16 am

I having the same issue, tried reinstall, whitelisting on windows firewall, still not working

MaxRL

Post#3 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:56 pm

I'm having the same thing. Click connect in launcher, gets to character select screen, but before any of the characters load, I crash to desktop. No error messages, just a crash.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#4 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:02 pm

Hey,

I recommend to join the RoR Discord and ask in #technical-advice (link in my signature)

It's sometimes too difficult to explain something via forum posts.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#5 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:14 pm

Hey,

maybe you both have the same issue?!
If you downloaded the game via the installer instead via torrent....that's the issue. Because you are missing files...

Clean your install and redownload the game via torrent....here the install-guide:

How to Download:
+ Recommend Torrent Tixati: http://www.tixati.com/
+ First step, disable your Antivirus, Firewall, or Malware detection programs. These can potentially interfere with an install.
+ Download torrent file: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/files ... 20.torrent
+ Run the Torrent file, with the Torrent app, and wait until it's finishes.

How to Install:
+ Stop your Torrent from seeding (close it, maybe check your task manager)
+ Move the Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning outside the ReturnofReckoning-March2020 folder and move it to c:\ ... for instance move it to c:\Games
(but NOT inside c:\ Program Files or c:\ Program Files (x86); it should be in a folder which it have write access)
+ Remove the write-protection from all the files in the Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning folder.
(right click on the War Online - RoR folder > properties > disable the read-only box)
+ Check that your whole Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning folder is whitelisted in your Antivirus program and check if your Firewall or Maleware doesn't interfere with the install.
+ You may also try running the launcher with Administrator privileges.
(Right click on the RoRLauncher.exe > properties > run administrator)
+ Run the RoRLauncher.exe
+ Let it update (sometimes it needs a few seconds until it starts)
+ Exit launcher and rerun it again
+ Repeat the last 2-steps until there is no update left
+ Launch the game

!!! [If you don't have DirectX 9.0c, installed it is required, and now this is also included in the torrent. In the ReturnOfReckoning-March2020 folder find the dx90c folder, open that and run DXSETUP.exe]