Recent Topics

Ads

Players running sideways.

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
DurinTholgrin

Players running sideways.

Post#1 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:16 pm

I've got an animation glitch where players are literally running sideways and the same is true for NPCs as well. It's making it hard to play witch hunter or anything of the like which benefits from hitting people in the back as I cannot tell which side is actually the back side of the character.

Furthermore, I've seen other players saying the way to fix this is to /rel but this is not working for me personally. I'm at a loss and would appreciate any help to fix this, thanks.

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Re: Players running sideways.

Post#2 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:29 pm

run the 32bit executable from launcher.. it has fps cap of 100 and fixes the animations.

other way around it is to use some fps cap tools
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Lilim
Community Management

Post#3 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:29 pm

DurinTholgrin wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:16 pm I've got an animation glitch where players are literally running sideways and the same is true for NPCs as well. It's making it hard to play witch hunter or anything of the like which benefits from hitting people in the back as I cannot tell which side is actually the back side of the character.

Furthermore, I've seen other players saying the way to fix this is to /rel but this is not working for me personally. I'm at a loss and would appreciate any help to fix this, thanks.
hey,

It's a known issue. Cap your framerate to 100 with somehting or use the 32bit WAR from the launcher cog wheel, which has the FPS cap enabled.
The animations go bust with 100+ fps.
Bug Tracker ticket:
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issue ... -751469385

DurinTholgrin

Post#4 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:25 am

Thank you so much, man! This fixed it!! :)