Recent Topics

Ads

Transferrred game folders from one drive to another. Now game wont run

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Psychopski
Suspended

Transferrred game folders from one drive to another. Now game wont run

Post#1 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:03 am

As the title says. I transferred the main WAR folder from one drive(F) to another(C). At 99% through the transfer I received some message with "....Win64 could not be transferred" .... I chose "Skip". There were 4 files that remained in my old WAR folder on drive F. I tried to cut and paste those files but keep getting "You do not haver permission ... blah blah blah" I click on the option to continue(has admin icon) and it still wont xfer the file!

Anyway I did a "REPAIR" twice hoping this would fill in the missing files but the game wont run. I restarted my CPU and still no dice. I get the launcher, I go to connect, I see the loading splash screen for about half a second then the game crashes on startup.

I'm assuming I need to reinstall the game. If I want to save my UI settings for all of my characters, which folders do I need to hold onto before uninstalling and reinstalling? My Addons folder would be one folder I save and I assume my entire "user" folder?

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Re: Transferrred game folders from one drive to another. Now game wont run

Post#2 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:15 am

Spoiler:
Psychopski wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:03 am As the title says. I transferred the main WAR folder from one drive(F) to another(C). At 99% through the transfer I received some message with "....Win64 could not be transferred" .... I chose "Skip". There were 4 files that remained in my old WAR folder on drive F. I tried to cut and paste those files but keep getting "You do not haver permission ... blah blah blah" I click on the option to continue(has admin icon) and it still wont xfer the file!

Anyway I did a "REPAIR" twice hoping this would fill in the missing files but the game wont run. I restarted my CPU and still no dice. I get the launcher, I go to connect, I see the loading splash screen for about half a second then the game crashes on startup.

I'm assuming I need to reinstall the game. If I want to save my UI settings for all of my characters, which folders do I need to hold onto before uninstalling and reinstalling? My Addons folder would be one folder I save and I assume my entire "user" folder?
Hey,

Yes, you should save the Interface and the User folder to keep your setup alive.

Psychopski
Suspended

Re: Transferrred game folders from one drive to another. Now game wont run

Post#3 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:02 pm

Lilim wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:15 am Hey,

Yes, you should save the Interface and the User folder to keep your setup alive.
Awesome! That did the trick.

Thanks and ton for saving me a lot of frustration!