Recent Topics

Ads

Installation Failed: Try Again

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Aetrion

Installation Failed: Try Again

Post#1 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:02 pm

I've been trying to install the game, but it seems to always fail near the end when trying to download a file called Video.7z.001 or something like that. (I got to be honest here, I closed the installer after it failed the third time and I'm not sitting through the whole download again just to get the file name right)

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here, or is this file just not situated right on the server?

I tried firing up the game after the first failed install, and it seemed to work OK, except none of the character models showed up during creation, so that was a bit of a non-starter.

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: Installation Failed: Try Again

Post#2 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:01 pm

Not sure if this will help, but it may be worth a try if you've gotten the launcher to work.

Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the launcher and select the repair option in the new window that opens up. You should get a message that tells you to restart the launcher. Close all of the open windows and restart the launcher, and the repair function should start. This checks all of the game files and replaces the ones that may have been corrupted. It takes about a half hour or so to run thru them all, but its quicker than trying to re-download the torrent.

Hope this helps!
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Aetrion

Post#3 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:50 pm

So, it verifies all of the files, doesn't find any errors when repairing them either, but when I try to start the game I can't see any of the characters on the creation screen, it just shows me a pile of floating weapons. The menus also seem hinky, like a good portion of the writing is missing somehow.

The game is definitely not working right.

Aetrion

Post#4 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:18 am

Problem is solved, I was experiencing two different issues at the same time which is why I missed the obvious solution to both of them.

feldont

Post#5 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:07 pm

Ok, so what was your solution?