Recent Topics

Ads

[Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
oldworld69

Re: [Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Post#61 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:43 pm

Hello, newbie here..i did the steps and after launching as admin and updates/verify i get this message pop-up

''Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Ge8xYjqQn4v3kHgSkAq(Object , Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.Nimgt80cKi(Object)''

Ads
Cortrillion

Post#62 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:57 pm

day 1
step 1: click on "download game" in the top menu.
step 2: wait 2 hours for the torrent to download fully
Step 3: wait 2 hours for the patcher to download 1 file every 1 min
Step 4: log into the game and have black screen.
Step 5: quit and restart game using 32bit version
step 6: wait 2 hours for the patcher to repatch the game
Sleep... day 2
Step 1: log into the game and get tons of errors
Step 2: go to forum/techsupport
Step 3: notice that there is a hidden "how to install" in the techsupport forum link
step 4: get told that the torrent file is the wrong one and uninstall game
Step 5: start new torrent file and go to forum and make angry post about it

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#63 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:00 pm

Cortrillion wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:57 pm day 1
step 1: click on "download game" in the top menu.
step 2: wait 2 hours for the torrent to download fully
Step 3: wait 2 hours for the patcher to download 1 file every 1 min
Step 4: log into the game and have black screen.
Step 5: quit and restart game using 32bit version
step 6: wait 2 hours for the patcher to repatch the game
Sleep... day 2
Step 1: log into the game and get tons of errors
Step 2: go to forum/techsupport
Step 3: notice that there is a hidden "how to install" in the techsupport forum link
step 4: get told that the torrent file is the wrong one and uninstall game
Step 5: start new torrent file and go to forum and make angry post about it
I feel your pain. The new download page is just pending a push to the webserver. There's a new installer being worked on that's fully automated. Help is coming at a glacial pace sometimes.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Snaff

Post#64 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:47 pm

Sorry folks, tried all morning to install through Crossover, and all I ever get when trying to run it is an error saying there isn't a windows app to run this program, I'm not sure I want to spend my whole time to never get it to run.

I tried this over a year ago, maybe more, but It won't run on my mac with crossover, the wine bottles and all that. When it starts, the icon shows up in the tray for about 10 seconds, then drops away.

Sorry rant.... This is almost a cruel joke.. download XQuartz, download crossover, run this, run that, download RoR.... install this run this run that.... doesn't work, and as far as I'm concerned, this was one of the best games online to play EVER!! And with all this teasing going on of all the other ppl playing,.... I'm a bit upset I can't get it running..

Lilim
Community Management

Post#65 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:24 pm

Snaff wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:47 pm Sorry folks, tried all morning to install through Crossover, and all I ever get when trying to run it is an error saying there isn't a windows app to run this program, I'm not sure I want to spend my whole time to never get it to run.

I tried this over a year ago, maybe more, but It won't run on my mac with crossover, the wine bottles and all that. When it starts, the icon shows up in the tray for about 10 seconds, then drops away.

Sorry rant.... This is almost a cruel joke.. download XQuartz, download crossover, run this, run that, download RoR.... install this run this run that.... doesn't work, and as far as I'm concerned, this was one of the best games online to play EVER!! And with all this teasing going on of all the other ppl playing,.... I'm a bit upset I can't get it running..

Hey,

and you've checked the Mac install guide and wrote your issue there? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43040 (it's right the link at the begining of this thread)

gyps

Post#66 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:48 pm

Lilim wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:24 pm
Snaff wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:47 pm Sorry folks, tried all morning to install through Crossover, and all I ever get when trying to run it is an error saying there isn't a windows app to run this program, I'm not sure I want to spend my whole time to never get it to run.

Hey,

and you've checked the Mac install guide and wrote your issue there? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43040 (it's right the link at the begining of this thread)
Got to say that with Crossover21 + MacOs Monterey on a M1 MacbookAir the installation went smooth and everything works just fine. I did posted on the forum thread stated above the steps I followed.

Snaff

Post#67 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:44 pm

OK, so, yeah, I read the install page, tried twice more yesterday, something about this really doesn't make sense. but I will say I (Didn't want to load it on my laptop, but ....) loaded it on my PC laptop last night, and was rewarded with a few hours of game play that I remember from the 'days of old', and enjoyed it very much. So, that being said, still upset I can't run it on my more powerful iMac with the much bigger screen and deeper colors, but! I'll be playing at the least, and I will keep trying the Mac.
thanks all.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#68 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:45 pm

Snaff wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:44 pm OK, so, yeah, I read the install page, tried twice more yesterday, something about this really doesn't make sense. but I will say I (Didn't want to load it on my laptop, but ....) loaded it on my PC laptop last night, and was rewarded with a few hours of game play that I remember from the 'days of old', and enjoyed it very much. So, that being said, still upset I can't run it on my more powerful iMac with the much bigger screen and deeper colors, but! I'll be playing at the least, and I will keep trying the Mac.
thanks all.

Hey,

you can try (if your PC want to do this or maybe with a bit of luck on your mac) Sildur's Enhanced graphics viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#69 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:40 am

in order to get sildurs working in wine/Linux .. so i would assume same applies to crossover and mac... You need to install d3dcompiler_47 via winetricks or the methods crossover has to install extra windows dlls. then you also need to add dinput8.dll that comes with sildurs files into the winecfg overrides and mark it as native. THis way all the needed dll's should hook up and load reshade
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

opalochka

Post#70 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:33 pm

Guys, I did all that is written in the page 1 instruction, but when I launch the RoR launcher it doesn't work. What should I do in the case? I would be glad to any answers.