Recent Topics

Ads

[Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
nobity32

Re: [Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Post#41 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:24 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:16 pm Any chance this could be made more prominent on the official download page? Currently the link on https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php just says "For more download options, please check this topic on the forum." which is misleading as it's not more downloadkinemaster mod options but the actual working download instructions. Would probably save people a lot of grief and bug-fixing if the instructions were front and center on that page.
i don't fully get your post what you wanna say here.....download link is present in the link mentioned in your post with the step to step instructions.

Ads
Emtenn

Post#42 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:15 pm

nobity32 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:24 am
Omegus wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:16 pm Any chance this could be made more prominent on the official download page? Currently the link on https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php just says "For more download options, please check this topic on the forum." which is misleading as it's not more downloadkinemaster mod options but the actual working download instructions. Would probably save people a lot of grief and bug-fixing if the instructions were front and center on that page.
i don't fully get your post what you wanna say here.....download link is present in the link mentioned in your post with the step to step instructions.
I believe what they are saying is the official download page on the website implies the link to this post is portrayed as something that just leads to addtional download options, rather than instructions on how to properly download the game. The average person might just go to the download page and select the download option that doesn't work, so they're suggesting simply updating that page with the working download instructions.

Satsujinma

Post#43 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:54 pm

Can't see any character models during the character creation process.

azaliza

Post#44 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:39 am

I've been able to install the game alright, although I admit I didn't look up this thread till I had started having issues. The link to this thread shouldn't be suggesting there are more download options, but should specifically state you -will- need to go to this thread.

I do have to ask why, after so many months, there is still the gold Download button on the download page if it is only going to confuse people.

It would be good if the torrent were updated to a more recent version too, I know that it would take time to build up a base of seeds again, but there could be some transition before the current torrent is phased out (which is over a year old).

I'd suggest that you inform that a new launcher needs to be downloaded be at the top of the post too instead of halfway down - though you could still include the link half way down.

The current setup is potentially going to turn away a number of potential players, it doesn't feel professional - which is a bit at odds with the rest of your website.

Kostet

Post#45 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:07 pm

Hmm, when was the last time you guys updated torrent file ? ;)
(march 2020 is pretty obvious answer ;))
And with all due respect & understandin' shouldnt this almost 3000 small files be packed in one large somehow? "F**k me!!" was sort of the first thought, when i saw this ammount ;)

headbutter0207

Post#46 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:44 pm

Hi i have done every step and get this error every time even after repairing does anyone know how to fix this

Lilim
Community Management

Post#47 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:20 pm

Kostet wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:07 pm Hmm, when was the last time you guys updated torrent file ? ;)
(march 2020 is pretty obvious answer ;))
And with all due respect & understandin' shouldnt this almost 3000 small files be packed in one large somehow? "F**k me!!" was sort of the first thought, when i saw this ammount ;)

Hey,

currently we are working/seeding a new torrent version. We hope we can release the new torrent build asap.

Agatocles

Post#48 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:38 pm

Sorry to be a pain, but it looks like no one is seeding the March 2020 torrent. Is the new torrent going to be ready soon?

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Post#49 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:05 pm

Agatocles wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:38 pm Sorry to be a pain, but it looks like no one is seeding the March 2020 torrent. Is the new torrent going to be ready soon?

Hey,

oh, if you can hop on the RoR discord (link in my signature) and write something in #technical-advice :D

Agatocles

Post#50 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:27 pm

Thanks, I got a different torrent via PM that's also not working, but I found an old install of the game that updated successfully. Now to log in... I'm following your troubleshooting guide.