Recent Topics

Ads

[Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
wargwargreen

Re: [Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Post#81 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:21 am

Just adding a thank you. My game files became corrupt and I had to reload ROR. My mistake on reinstall was I moved the ReturnOfRechkoning-Oct2021 folder to my C: drive. Upon trying to install the game by clicking on the RORluancher I kept getting a big page of errors. This was correct by carefully following the instruction and moved only the Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning folder.

Ads
jayman78

Post#82 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:37 am

Hi! new here and not sure if I am doing things correctly... I am currently downloading 174,393 files in the launcher, at this rate it will take over 2 days, did I screw something up? or is that normal for a new install? I have triple checked the install guide and cannot figure out where I would have messed up. Any help would be appreciated, even if it is "yes that is normal".

Lilim
Community Management

Post#83 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:45 am

jayman78 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:37 am Hi! new here and not sure if I am doing things correctly... I am currently downloading 174,393 files in the launcher, at this rate it will take over 2 days, did I screw something up? or is that normal for a new install? I have triple checked the install guide and cannot figure out where I would have messed up. Any help would be appreciated, even if it is "yes that is normal".

Hey,

170k is again the whole game. But you've already downloaded the whole game via Torrent, so it's actually only patches missing (around 2k files).

Check if you didn't move the launcher outside the RoR folder....it has to be inside the RoR folder that comes with the torrent download.
Check your directory rights.

Otherwise you can join the RoR discord (link in my signature) and poke in #technical-advice

crunkship

Post#84 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:38 pm

My folder keeps reverting back to Read Only. I've tried a few google solutions, "attrib -r +s C:\ReturnOfReckoning-Oct2021" in CMD, /sfc scannow, turning off Controlled Access for folder. Any suggestions? I keep downloading 170k game files and I believe it's because the folder won't stay off Read Only.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#85 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:52 pm

crunkship wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:38 pm My folder keeps reverting back to Read Only. I've tried a few google solutions, "attrib -r +s C:\ReturnOfReckoning-Oct2021" in CMD, /sfc scannow, turning off Controlled Access for folder. Any suggestions? I keep downloading 170k game files and I believe it's because the folder won't stay off Read Only.

Hey,

please re-read my guide. It's mentioned that it's a visual bug from windows.

Snaff

Post#86 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:33 am

Lilim wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:45 pm
Snaff wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:44 pm OK, so, yeah, I read the install page, tried twice more yesterday, something about this really doesn't make sense. but I will say I (Didn't want to load it on my laptop, but ....) loaded it on my PC laptop last night, and was rewarded with a few hours of game play that I remember from the 'days of old', and enjoyed it very much. So, that being said, still upset I can't run it on my more powerful iMac with the much bigger screen and deeper colors, but! I'll be playing at the least, and I will keep trying the Mac.
thanks all.

Hey,

you can try (if your PC want to do this or maybe with a bit of luck on your mac) Sildur's Enhanced graphics https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... ?f=20&t=13
So... I have been having a blast playing, but last week my laptop was compromised ...badly... and we wiped the hard drive and started over. The issue I am having now is reinstalling the game, but the torent always finishes in about 15 minutes, but no folder with the files like you say in the install directions, and the launcher ALWAYS wants to update with like 174400 files. I've tried three times and I don't understand what the issues are. I'm not sure, but it's hard to see how I can miss a step when they are looking like they aren't that hard. HA!! I will try again tomorrow I guess.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#87 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:52 am

Spoiler:
Snaff wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:33 am
Lilim wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:45 pm
Snaff wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:44 pm OK, so, yeah, I read the install page, tried twice more yesterday, something about this really doesn't make sense. but I will say I (Didn't want to load it on my laptop, but ....) loaded it on my PC laptop last night, and was rewarded with a few hours of game play that I remember from the 'days of old', and enjoyed it very much. So, that being said, still upset I can't run it on my more powerful iMac with the much bigger screen and deeper colors, but! I'll be playing at the least, and I will keep trying the Mac.
thanks all.

Hey,

you can try (if your PC want to do this or maybe with a bit of luck on your mac) Sildur's Enhanced graphics https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... ?f=20&t=13
So... I have been having a blast playing, but last week my laptop was compromised ...badly... and we wiped the hard drive and started over. The issue I am having now is reinstalling the game, but the torent always finishes in about 15 minutes, but no folder with the files like you say in the install directions, and the launcher ALWAYS wants to update with like 174400 files. I've tried three times and I don't understand what the issues are. I'm not sure, but it's hard to see how I can miss a step when they are looking like they aren't that hard. HA!! I will try again tomorrow I guess.

Hey,

if you have stille the issue, just hop on the RoR discord (link in my siganture) and we can take an eye on it. Poke in #technical-advice

baardmans

Post#88 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:05 am

hi there, I have encountered a problem that keeps happening

After downloading everything and running the launcher it starts verifying things

halfway through the art 2 verification it stops however and removes itself from the folder

this happens in both the torrent version and the zip version I downloaded, what can I do?

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#89 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:09 am

baardmans wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:05 am hi there, I have encountered a problem that keeps happening

After downloading everything and running the launcher it starts verifying things

halfway through the art 2 verification it stops however and removes itself from the folder

this happens in both the torrent version and the zip version I downloaded, what can I do?
Launcher gets removed? then its most likely some sort of agressive antivirus that deletes it or puts it to quarantine or whatnot.
Make sure you whitelist whole RoR folder on your antivirus.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Khaoskhar

Post#90 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:50 pm

I have Mcafee antivirus, and it don't let whitelist entire folders, so I have to do files by files... do someone have a better solution? :'(