Recent Topics

Ads

[Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Destroyio

Re: [Megathread] How to install Return of Reckoning

Post#31 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:15 am

Coldara wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:34 pm Hey everyone,

i am currently struggling with the installation of the game.

I followed the installation guide, replaced launcher & WAR files, disabled Read-Only. I open the game, no models, close it, restart the launcher as admin, no additional download is happeing. Restarting the game, still no models. Repairing the launcher also doesn't help. Redoing everyting from scratch in case i missed something also doesn't help.
I played the game couple years ago on the same machine, no issues back then.

https://imgur.com/BD24pV8

Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Don't know if that was it but i put the game on a different drive and it worked there.

What did you mean by different drive? Different hard drive?

Ads
JohnBoanerges

Post#32 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:23 pm

Hey there to everybody!

I've looked around but no answer found, and so i write. I still own the original game. Can i use the CD install and than modify it, IF i have to modify it.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#33 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:49 pm

JohnBoanerges wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:23 pm Hey there to everybody!

I've looked around but no answer found, and so i write. I still own the original game. Can i use the CD install and than modify it, IF i have to modify it.

Hey,

no that's not possible. You have to download the game via torrent.

JohnBoanerges

Post#34 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:57 pm

Awwwww....ok, thanks :(

Rokar253

Post#35 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:25 pm

Hello,I tried all the steps,I downloaded the game 3 times and do the same steps as presented,even restart my PC and it's not working,when I click on launcher nothing pop up,no error,nothing,I just click on it and it dosen't do anything,no message..nothing
What could be the problem??

Lilim
Community Management

Post#36 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:34 pm

Rokar253 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:25 pm Hello,I tried all the steps,I downloaded the game 3 times and do the same steps as presented,even restart my PC and it's not working,when I click on launcher nothing pop up,no error,nothing,I just click on it and it dosen't do anything,no message..nothing
What could be the problem??

Hey,

could be, that your .net stuff is broken.

Try to repair it here:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/ ... ework.html

or reinstall it:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework

.Net Framework 4.8 is required

creeteN

Post#37 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:55 pm

Thanks for this thread, at first I blindly downloaded the game installer and was getting pretty confused as to why it would not work (I could've sworn that I tried this a couple month ago and it worked, though I did not play and deleted it sometime after).

For new players this seems to pretty confusing though, I could imagine that this would keep a couple of people from trying this game

thelvaen

Post#38 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:59 pm

might be dumb, but why not deleting the 1st download link from the download page if it's not working?

Ads
sulfrozt

Post#39 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:07 pm

I tried to download torrent thru BiglyBT, but I keep getting an error after 5-10 minutes into downloading. It says something like Error writing to files or something. I don't know if it is the torrent file is corrupted or if my torrent client is not working, I thought about using the Torrent client you recommend but I'm just too lazy to get another.

Omegus

Post#40 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:16 pm

Any chance this could be made more prominent on the official download page? Currently the link on https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php just says "For more download options, please check this topic on the forum." which is misleading as it's not more download options but the actual working download instructions. Would probably save people a lot of grief and bug-fixing if the instructions were front and center on that page.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot