Recent Topics

Ads

First time installer, are there *supposed* to be 172k things to download?

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
sandalfury

First time installer, are there *supposed* to be 172k things to download?

Post#1 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:13 pm

Good afternoon; I am dumb. I cannot stress how computer-illiterate I am. I've read the March 2020 install guide, moved the RoR folder from the *other* RoR folder it came in, deleted the old launcher, clicked the link for the new one (I have no idea how I'm supposed to "move" the new launcher into the folder) So now I've got what looks like a normal game launcher. Y'know, username/password, patch notes, standard stuff, and it's downloading a little over 172k... things, I don't know the right term. Is that normal? I've been trying to install this all day, but I can't shake the feeling that I've somehow been grinding my laptop's innards to powder.

Again, I know NOTHING about computers. Any lingo more advanced than "num lock" will send me spiraling into madness and despair. This has probably been the most arduous thing I've ever done tech-wise, so if anyone is kind enough to respond, please use small words :)

Ads
Omegus

Re: First time installer, are there *supposed* to be 172k things to download?

Post#2 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:21 pm

This was posted by one of the ROR community management people in Discord a few days ago. No idea how long it will last for:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zra6wB ... sp=sharing

That should be a fairly recent version of the client. Once done open the launcher and tell it to check all files and it will update itself with whatever is missing.

edit: if anyone finds this post from the future and the link doesn't work anymore, don't contact me as it's not my link and not my problem kthx.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Lilim
Community Management

Re: First time installer, are there *supposed* to be 172k things to download?

Post#3 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:24 pm

Hey,

and I want to add this guide here: viewtopic.php?f=113&t=45103