Recent Topics

Ads

help creating a character

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Illurotair

help creating a character

Post#1 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:28 pm

I am looking for help, I get the game to launch and get to the character creation screen. Once I choose my race and archetype i attempt to enter a name and the game freezes. I can't do anything other than shut down and restart. Looking for any options. Thank you in advance

Also, I tried using a random name only gives about 6 options and then tells me the name is not available or inalid

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Re: help creating a character

Post#2 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:40 am

Illurotair wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:28 pm I am looking for help, I get the game to launch and get to the character creation screen. Once I choose my race and archetype i attempt to enter a name and the game freezes. I can't do anything other than shut down and restart. Looking for any options. Thank you in advance

Also, I tried using a random name only gives about 6 options and then tells me the name is not available or inalid

Hey,

If your issue still persists, I would recommend to join the RoR discord (link in my signature) and ask in #technical-advice so we can check your install.

Xerbolak

Re: help creating a character

Post#3 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:43 am

Illurotair wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:28 pm Also, I tried using a random name only gives about 6 options and then tells me the name is not available or inalid
The random name option has only been giving the same names since the beginning of ror as far as i can remember. Some names seem familiar but i am not really sure from where (maybe some original members of dev team or sth like that). As many players before you tried that option, those are probably still in use or havent been freed up. I have regularly come across different variations of these names, mostly with characters added before or after the names.

Long story short: there is no real random name function. You would have to use your own randomizer aka brain ;). Of course, given that u can resolve the freezing issue.