Recent Topics

Ads

Installer not doing anything

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
tagginator

Installer not doing anything

Post#1 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:12 pm

Every time I double click the installer to begin the installation, it shows up on my taskbar and then disappears without anything happening. I followed the install instructions exactly including the write protection of the install folder and even the folder it's housed in. I have it set to run as admin and compatibility mode for Windows 7 (I'm on 10). Firewall and Antivirus are both currently off completely so I don't think it's that. Any other ideas?

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Re: Installer not doing anything

Post#2 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:13 pm

tagginator wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:12 pm Every time I double click the installer to begin the installation, it shows up on my taskbar and then disappears without anything happening. I followed the install instructions exactly including the write protection of the install folder and even the folder it's housed in. I have it set to run as admin and compatibility mode for Windows 7 (I'm on 10). Firewall and Antivirus are both currently off completely so I don't think it's that. Any other ideas?

Hey,

don't use the installer, download it from the torrent. Follow the install guide here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241

tagginator

Post#3 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:14 pm

Should've clarified, I used the torrent and the torrent program y'all recommended.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#4 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:17 pm

Hey,

you don't need it to run it for windows 7 if you are running windows 10.
Are you using any AVG programms or other stuff to "tune" your pc?

tagginator

Post#5 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:25 pm

I have McAfee which is also turned off. I have MSI afterburner on but made a profile with reset clocks and it still isn't doing anything.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#6 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:33 pm

hm, can you join the RoR discord (link in my signature) so it's a bit easier to check your install

tagginator

Post#7 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:38 pm

The launcher log says the following after I try to use it:

[21/07/19 19:32:16] S Launcher : Launcher Started
[21/07/19 19:32:16] I Launcher : Running from [C:\Return of Reckoning\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning]
[21/07/19 19:32:16] I Web : Trying to Download XML

Just joined the Discord as "taggyoureit"

malsk8

Post#8 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:38 am

Hi, I have the exact same problem, have you found a way to solve it?

Ads