Recent Topics

Ads

Login server , not connecting.

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
YourDarling

Re: Login server , not connecting.

Post#11 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:31 pm

recently checked ip address and port, and realize that ip doesn't blocked in my country. I presume that the issue on log in server side.

Ads
Justina

Post#12 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:14 pm

Try downloading the game again. The repair is not working correctly in some cases.

Download with torrent, copy it to a new location, run patcher a few times to make sure you have everything and try playing an hour without addons. Also don't use your old profiles. Use only the fresh installation, nothing else but delete the cache folder if it is there.

I had also some strange issues in the past like random crashes and the repair couldn't fix it. The new installation however fixed it. I also tried the old installation again then and I got the crashes again. So it was either the installation or the profile because the addons I used the same in the end.

PS: when I first started with the new installation there were some graphic elements missing ingame. So after patching the new installation log in your character, then log out again and run patch again a few times. Or run repair on top of that if that doesn't help.

PPS: don't forget to remove the write protection from the files after downloading with torrent. -> Windows explorer -> right click on RoR folder -> properties -> remove readonly flag.

Tetzou

Post#13 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:48 am

Did a full reinstall, removed profiles, played without addons. Its not the issue sadly.
Sometimes i have a mate to comes home and plays with me on the same line, hes got a very diffrent game setup/addons etc. When i crash, he crash , so i dont think its comp releated , its ip or connect server releated somehow.
Very far from a comp wiz but im quite sure it came from last GoE patch. Gonna try and contact a GM in game to see if we can get some more infos about the time outs.

Justina

Post#14 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:29 pm

Tetzou wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:48 am Did a full reinstall, removed profiles, played without addons. Its not the issue sadly.
Sometimes i have a mate to comes home and plays with me on the same line, hes got a very diffrent game setup/addons etc. When i crash, he crash , so i dont think its comp releated , its ip or connect server releated somehow.
Very far from a comp wiz but im quite sure it came from last GoE patch. Gonna try and contact a GM in game to see if we can get some more infos about the time outs.
Well then it is at least not a computer or installation problem.

Regarding crashes Id say that it is a lot better since the last patch. After the previous patch or the patch before we all had random crashes. No crashes here atm. Maybe only very rare ones. So I don't think it is the last GoE patch either.

If you are both dropping at the same time then it is a connection problem. Try disable anti virus and firewall. Power off on the router. Check cables. Is the ping really still running when you drop from the game? Maybe it's somewhere between your ISP and the RoR server. Some ISPs have a website where you can check for current issues. Maybe they are working on something and that's the reason for short interrupts. At which time do they accour? The whole day? Check that or call them. They can also measure and check your line.

Tetzou

Post#15 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:07 pm

The provider (isp) got no problems with their lines, did call em and its all working as it should. Thing is i can play other mmos without crashes at all, so its not internet releated as far as i can tell, the problem must be the connection towards the warhammer servers, dunno about my ping there but all other games work solid. Crashes happen all day, doesnt matter if there are 1000 peeps online or 200, usally with a 10-20mins paus between each crash.

The game has run smooth for 1.5year. last 5 days now its constant disconnecting. Web server is always available after crash, loging server is usally never available, you have to restart launcher like 10 times and it comes back green again.
Router is new, cables are new, hard ware is all good.

ps. Thanks for the help and feedbacks

Justina

Post#16 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:58 pm

Try asking [email protected] per email.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#17 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Tetzou wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:07 pm The provider (isp) got no problems with their lines, did call em and its all working as it should. Thing is i can play other mmos without crashes at all, so its not internet releated as far as i can tell, the problem must be the connection towards the warhammer servers, dunno about my ping there but all other games work solid. Crashes happen all day, doesnt matter if there are 1000 peeps online or 200, usally with a 10-20mins paus between each crash.

The game has run smooth for 1.5year. last 5 days now its constant disconnecting. Web server is always available after crash, loging server is usally never available, you have to restart launcher like 10 times and it comes back green again.
Router is new, cables are new, hard ware is all good.

ps. Thanks for the help and feedbacks
Have you tried a VPN as per Lilim's recommendation? Cause you've never replied or reported if this has/hasn't helped you. It should help though, if you're finding it hard to pick a VPN, let me know on Discord since it's easier to take you through it in live chat.

If you'd rather try it out first by yourself:

- Pick a VPN, like ProtonVPN for example. Pick the free version for sure, you don't need any subscription. I used it when I once had issues connecting to the server, due to several nodes failing. There are tons of other VPN programs out there, you can search on Google and find more.
- Register and create an account on whatever VPN you decide to use.
- Launch the VPN application, then login.
- Our servers are located in France, try picking a server that is close to it. I personally have used a server in the Netherlands and it worked fine.
- You might face like +70 or +100 milliseconds but it's better than not connecting at all.

Tetzou

Post#18 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:03 pm

Problem solved. Logged on ror discord and got live help. Seamed it was corrupt files that was causing the problem.
Amazing help from the Moderater/ror crew. Also thanks from the rest of you that gave me a hand.

Case closed.

Ads
Justina

Post#19 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:24 pm

Tetzou wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:03 pm Problem solved. Logged on ror discord and got live help. Seamed it was corrupt files that was causing the problem.
Amazing help from the Moderater/ror crew. Also thanks from the rest of you that gave me a hand.

Case closed.
When there were corrupt files then why did the fresh installation not fix the problem? Can you give some details on what was wrong? Some others might have similar problems.

glad they could resolve it for you :)

Tetzou

Post#20 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:18 am

I used a bad torrent, always use this one viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31241