Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher patching

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
henamdar

Re: Launcher patching

Post#11 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:51 pm

nurse3766 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:30 pm So on double xp weekend weve got a 1850 file patch thats literally taking hours to download? im at 12/1850..............
Enjoy the event many of us wont be done patching until its long over
-----------------------
I agree it could have been executed at a better time. But here we are. I am sure the slow download is because we are all pulling files at the same time, essentially overloading the servers upload bandwidth capacity.
Last edited by henamdar on Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Voltaire

Post#12 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:51 pm

Yeah, it is somewhat amusing. The RoR team has put so much work and effort into making this event come to fruition as amazingly as possible and yet by the looks of it, a great chunk of us (if not most) will miss it. :D

After ~1 hour and 15 minutes I am at 326 / 1850 files downloaded. My current internet connection download speed is 50 mbps, which is not great, but it should be considered ok.

Not to diminish any of the work they have put into this project of course, I am grateful for everything that we have received over the years.

Happy 13th anniversary! =)
Last edited by Voltaire on Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nurse3766

Post#13 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:55 pm

19/1850 not gonna be able to log in for days unless they fix this.....incredibly poor planning. sucks that they did this on a anniversary weekend. We were all looking forward to double xp and rr and the rvr event. Now many wont get either. im just not excited about more cities when they screwed up the double xp and the rvr event for a lot of ppl.

ravezaar

Post#14 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:56 pm

Its 1850 and only half takes abit of time, rest goes smooth. Cant wait Happy Birthday RoR !!!
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

warlover

Post#15 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:56 pm

I have super fast d/l speed and its still going slow :shock:

Zona

Post#16 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:58 pm

Ready to play ! the first 300 files are quiet slow to download, the rest is really fast - download time 1h20 with small ADSL.

Enjoy,

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#17 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Not sure when patching should occur if not on patch day. Strange confusion in this thread.

The first 200 files are large, the rest of it goes a bit faster. Go watch the stream while you're waiting. https://www.twitch.tv/returnofreckoning
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

tazdingo

Post#18 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:06 pm

cheer up people it didn't take that long, can only mean something good

Ads
Voltaire

Post#19 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:08 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:00 pm Not sure when patching should occur if not on patch day. Strange confusion in this thread.

The first 200 files are large, the rest of it goes a bit faster. Go watch the stream while you're waiting. https://www.twitch.tv/returnofreckoning
Lurking the threads, I think the disappointment stems from the fact that the patch could have gone live a couple of hours earlier. Also lurking the forum threads I noticed that nobody really informed the playerbase about a major impending patch download, I bet there's a lot of people, who made plans to log in ~30-45 minutes before the start of the event, who might be disappointed. But no worries, we'll get there. =)
Last edited by Voltaire on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChiefWest

Post#20 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:11 pm

Stopmoandy wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:27 pm Yeah, I am experiencing this too. Whether it was intended or not, I am clueless. My guess is yes, it is intended. Just too bad for folk like me with a sub par d/load speed! :)
d/l speed isn't a factor. I'm using 1 gb connection and still only been able to get 302 files in 1 hour. There are 1850 files therefore it will take me 6 hours to download this patch. Coincidentally, there are 1850 files in the original install as well, which makes me think that we are just re-downloading the entire game all over again, but my initial install took less than 15 mins so this patch was not compiled properly.

Makes you wonder if the patch server is an old Tandy 1000. =p
Last edited by ChiefWest on Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.