Recent Topics

Ads

Frequent crashes, usually tied to PVP instance

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
creeg

Frequent crashes, usually tied to PVP instance

Post#1 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:13 pm

I managed to get the game running, as per the instructions on the subforum, however I can not seem to get the game to run for any decent length of time. I can't quite isolate the problem, sometimes its fine for an hour or two, but the last few times I entered a pvp instance it immediately crashes, and repeats the crash if I load in again. This seems to keep up for a random time, sometimes i can get on a different character, but it's still usually unstable.

I've installed everything the way the forum says, got direct x9, I'm just not sure what else to try. I've gotten the game so close to playable, if anyone can offer a suggestion, I'd appreciate it

Edit: It seems when my character gets near RvR areas, that's when it usually crashes

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: Frequent crashes, usually tied to PVP instance

Post#2 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:17 pm

Try running the repair function in the launcher. Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then click on the repair button. Exit and restart the launcher and it will scan all of the game files for corruption and then replace any that are. It takes a little while but it should fix it.

Well, at least until something gets corrupted again. I seem to have to do this about once every couple of months.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

creeg

Post#3 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:52 am

Okay, I believe my crash is related to the bolster event. That seems to be what crashes me every time.

I have repaired, and ensured I am running on the correct version, however the issue persists.

Someone in game suggested there was a cache i could try deleting, but I am having difficulty locating it.

Thank you for the help so far

Vri

Post#4 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:07 am

creeg wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:52 am Okay, I believe my crash is related to the bolster event. That seems to be what crashes me every time.

I have repaired, and ensured I am running on the correct version, however the issue persists.

Someone in game suggested there was a cache i could try deleting, but I am having difficulty locating it.

Thank you for the help so far
Those bolster lag events are rather heavy sometimes.

creeg

Post#5 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:08 pm

I've found that if I /stuck twice before I crash, it seems to save that character, and I can play for a decent session as well as PVP. Its not ideal, as I will still need to repeat the process every new session, but it feels like im making progress

creeg

Post#6 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:42 pm

I may have spoke too soon, /stuck isnt working anymore. Was able to play only my shaman this morning, WP was fine but tried pvp and it crashed. Shaman was fine until I hit the 5-9 PQ of orcs v dwarfs, and thats unstable now

creeg

Post#7 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:44 am

So it seems like the beginner burning villages for empire and chaos are also bad. I'm doing my best to try to isolate the issue, I've tried so many things, but nothing seems to have an effect. Being near PVP areas and some locations. I travelled to elf lands and noticed there was a small encampment that cause the issue as well.

I believe there is some element that is common in all pvp areas, and used less frequently in pve that is cause the problem. I had the same issue with a squig herder after he took the catapult onto the dwarf wall in the starter area

It seems approaching RVR flag nodes is part of it, my priest and shaman were able to enter elf and orc rvr area, but approaching the flags crashed me

Lilim
Community Management

Post#8 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:36 am

creeg wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:44 am So it seems like the beginner burning villages for empire and chaos are also bad. I'm doing my best to try to isolate the issue, I've tried so many things, but nothing seems to have an effect. Being near PVP areas and some locations. I travelled to elf lands and noticed there was a small encampment that cause the issue as well.

I believe there is some element that is common in all pvp areas, and used less frequently in pve that is cause the problem. I had the same issue with a squig herder after he took the catapult onto the dwarf wall in the starter area

It seems approaching RVR flag nodes is part of it, my priest and shaman were able to enter elf and orc rvr area, but approaching the flags crashed me
Hey,

I would recommend to hop on the RoR discord and poke in #technical-advice so we can check your current install and other stuff.
You can find the link to the Discord in my signature.

Ads