Recent Topics

Ads

Launcher keeps disappearing from file

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
storm65

Launcher keeps disappearing from file

Post#1 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:54 pm

So I downloaded the torrent and all that however when I download the launcher and place it into the return of reckoning folder and then launch it, for some reason it starts downloading and then it stops the entire ror launcher application disappears from the folder. I dont know if its because its not whitelisted by my mcafee livesafe or what.

Update: ive tried deleting everything and reinstalling but for whatever reason everytime i boot up the launcher and have all the necessary files itll start manifesting for about 1 or 2 minutes then the launcher disappears and is completely removed from the return of reckoning folder. Any suggestions as to why it keeps removing it??

Ads
storm65

Re: Launcher keeps disappearing from file

Post#2 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:44 pm

I still cant seem to figure out why its doing what its doing. It just keeps deleting it everytime i try to boot up the client

aler

Post#3 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:40 am

i just downloaded and install game. It's perfectly fine

xpander
Community Management

Post#4 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:40 am

Its your antivirus most likely. Files dont disappear for no reason.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

storm65

Post#5 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:55 am

honestly i still cant figure it out i had been playing ror just fine for months and then an update or something occured with the ror launcher and now its having this issue. Whats weird is when i download the ror launcher twice and put 2 ror launchers in the folder and then i try to run it , it will actually run and i can play. I dont know what that means though maybe i should delete everything again and start over

Lilim
Community Management

Post#6 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:35 am

storm65 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:55 am honestly i still cant figure it out i had been playing ror just fine for months and then an update or something occured with the ror launcher and now its having this issue. Whats weird is when i download the ror launcher twice and put 2 ror launchers in the folder and then i try to run it , it will actually run and i can play. I dont know what that means though maybe i should delete everything again and start over

Hey,

it's like Xpander already said, your Anti Virus program.

But why is this so?

Some Antivirus programs, Firewalls, Hardware Routers, and other security programs can be more aggressive than others, and in particular the RORLauncher has been flagged in the past. Partially because this is not a well known application in the wild, and partially because of how it works.
The Launcher manipulates objects in memory to make the game work with our server.
Some aggressive antiviruses automatically deem this to be virus-like behavior.
They check with their database of approved applications when they see this, and if they don't find our application in there, it gets a Generic flag and is sometimes blocked or damaged.

As you can see here VirusTotal (https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/053 ... /detection) which is a very common database, is showing the launcher as clean in the vast majority of AV's. However, old definitions even from a company that doesn't have us flagged, can still cause problems.

Most people don't realize it, but Windows 10 has a built in anti-virus tool. You'll need to add your Warhammer folder to an exclusion list, or it might throw an error for the reasons above. This is a nice guide.
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/exclude- ... rity-scan/
If you have some other Antivirus blocking things, you'll need to figure that out with them, or just uninstall it.