Recent Topics

Ads

Wounds vs toughness vs armor (player returning facing meta changes with question)

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
TembaBavuma

Wounds vs toughness vs armor (player returning facing meta changes with question)

Post#1 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:42 am

I haven't played for a year or smth close to it (since that patch that moves fist of khaine of DoK to other tree and disabling the controversial addon on server side).

I remember almost everyone were using wounds, but yesterday I checked some people near city (who are supposed to be competitive) and almost no one of them used wounds. Mostly armor with some toughness. Has meta changed? Can someone explain wh at's better now and for whom?
Last edited by TembaBavuma on Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Gladiolix

Re: Wounds vs toughness vs armor (player returning facing meta changes with question)

Post#2 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:32 pm

If I understand correctly we're talking about healers..? I swapped my armor talis to wounds and do feel tankier, which is why I recommend wound talismans. Armor only protects from melee who stack armor pene as much as possible. Stacking wounds is the only protection (or buffer rather) from morale bombing. It gives time to your tank to swap guard and your fellow healers to focus heal you once targeted by enemy. Toughness while good against all damage (exept morale) is hard to stack enough to matter against ST specced enemy dps. If you get 10k wounds then I'dd take armor next, as it's bigger mitigation per talisman, and usually melee is the bigger thread.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Parallell86

Re: Wounds vs toughness vs armor (player returning facing meta changes with question)

Post#3 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:40 pm

Frankly stacking armor against armor pen stacking melee dps is comletely stupid as armor pen is a percentage value. Sure the more armor the more protection but what little you can stack as a none tank class is hardly worth it. I wouldnt even stack armor on a tank. A slayer/choppa can easily get 80% armor pen static. So if you got 5k armor on a tank, you can kiss 4k good bye.
Toughness can be worth it assuming you get like 500.

But wounds should never be neglected regardless of class.

Omegus

Post#4 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:46 am

FYI OP is a bot.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Alubert

Post#5 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:32 am

As a healer u will have 9k+ wounds from gear + liniment.
I dident feel tanky on my shamy with 750+ toughness and i back to armor and its much better.
Any source of def u choose u need good def renown spec.
Most universal for me is: full TB + 1/2 FS + rest heal crit.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

reynor007

Post#6 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:28 am

it's a bit more complicated, it depends on which class you're having the most trouble with
WL does no damage against toughness you can have 0 armor and 800 tough and get around 50% mitigation.
this won't work with WH which has huge base damage
Wound +FS or TB, this is perfect for classes that can't stack Toughness or Armor.
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

DirkDaring

Post#7 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:03 pm

This Breakdown is from live, and granted a few things have been changed to some degree, but the basic idea is still relevant . you need a multi layered approach to your defense, over stacking one is ok, but I find having multiple defense stats seems to help more, Ie. a mix of high wound 9k +, high initiative 250 + 300 is better, 400 or so toughness, a mix of futile strike 3 + trivial blows 2 ,some deft defender as well.

https://mrmeh.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/ ... -defenses/

Omegus

Post#8 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:17 pm

Bot is reposting from a 2021 reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/ReturnofReckon ... returning/
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:42 pm

Toughness work relative better vs high crit multipler class such bw. The problem is that since it's not a % to see a meanfull effect in my exp you need at least 800 toughness on any non tank class.
And at least 600 on tanks. Armor will scale better unless you are with an armor value that get debuffed into null valus by wl/mara.
The one that can benefith most by tough is bg for obvious tactics reasons.