Recent Topics

Ads

Players / Pets and Enemies running sideways or backwards

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
froztybeard

Players / Pets and Enemies running sideways or backwards

Post#1 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:53 am

I dont know if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to check if I should re-install the gamefiles:

No matter where I am, could be in town or in a SC or RVR zone, I notice how players, pets, enemies and so on are getting "stuck" facing towards a direction. When moving, they are stuck facing that direction and starts running/walking sideways or sometimes even backwards. This does not affect gameplay in itself thankfully but it does look very wonky.

I remember last time I played, it was working absolutely fine with characters moving around in the correct directions when moving around, but now its very hard to do flanking cause I cannot see at all what way they are ACTUALLY facing or turned. I just gotta rely on my directional abilities to light up to know that "ok NOW I am flanking".

I wanted to ask if this could be cause of a technical issue with me missing files or some game files being corrupted? if a re-install could adress it? Or if it is a known bug?

If needed, I can upload a video on how it looks like to give a sense of what I mean.

UPDATE: I found a solution to this, via this forumlink: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... hp?t=43295
"Yeet, Sleep, Farm, Repeat"

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Re: Players / Pets and Enemies running sideways or backwards

Post#2 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:06 am

yeah, its an issue when game runs more than 100 frames per second. and WAR-64 is currently uncapped, but there are plans to clean all that up in the future.
For now its best to run the 32bit client from the launcher that has fps cap. both executables are 32 bit Large Adresss Aware patched anyway. just the 64 one has fps cap removed, which breaks animations sadly.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos