Recent Topics

Ads

Game Crashes when in WB (Crossover on Mac)

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
tdelesio

Game Crashes when in WB (Crossover on Mac)

Post#1 » Thu May 26, 2022 2:50 pm

I've tried to figure this out myself. I've checked the logs and have been trying to find a pattern. I've also read a lot of the other posts on fixing this (rebuilding bottle, clearing cache, running in window mode, reducing video settings) and nothing seems to work. The pattern I've noticed is that when in a war band, it will occasionally crash. I don't think it has ever crashed when not in a war band. Also, it has nothing to do with the number of people around or in combat. It will sometimes crash when in the WC. Also, it seems to "stabilize" after a few crashes and then doesn't crash anymore. I'm running this on a mac with crossover. The only thing that sort of seems to work is killing everything else that is running (although that is not consistent so could be a red herring). The MBP is a pretty good machine with 16gb of mem.

Any idea on how I can find the root of this crash or at least figure out what is crashing? I'm very technical if I need to dive in, just not sure where to look/go.

Ads
Akalukz

Re: Game Crashes when in WB (Crossover on Mac)

Post#2 » Thu May 26, 2022 3:01 pm

do frequent /reloadui and also update all of your addons. I remember at one time i could barely play in a warband do to a bad addon.
-= Agony =-

tdelesio

Post#3 » Thu May 26, 2022 4:12 pm

Do you happen to know which addon it was? I cleared out all the ones I wasn't using but I'm all for nuking it if it is killing me.

Also, what do you mean by update addons? I can't imagine there is new dev on them.

Fenris78

Post#4 » Thu May 26, 2022 4:19 pm

Check newest addon versions on https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/

tdelesio

Post#5 » Thu May 26, 2022 4:57 pm

Thanks. I got all of mine from there within the last 2 months. I can't imagine things have changed since then. I was curious if there was a command in the client that would refresh/update.

I will try the /reloadui on load.

Akalukz

Post#6 » Fri May 27, 2022 1:00 am

you might try making a fresh copy of the game, with no additional addons other than what comes with it the download. See if the problem persists. Does it happen on all characters?
-= Agony =-

tdelesio

Post#7 » Fri May 27, 2022 1:46 pm

It does happen to all characters. I did remove an addon with the scrolling combat text (don't remember the name) and replaced it with the simple combat text. I haven't dropped from a WB yet (fingers crossed). I also removed some of the other addons I wasn't using.

tdelesio

Post#8 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:30 pm

This still continues to happen. Does anyone know how else to troubleshoot this? It is super annoying. I don't know if it is WAR, crossover, or something else. Even just getting help on the logs would be beneficial.

Ads
tdelesio

Post#9 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:41 pm

Just to close this out in case anyone else runs into the problem, I have been able to figure out the problem (at least move forward). I reinstalled the game on a windows machine and it runs great. It has crashed maybe once or twice with a lot of hours in play. This leads me to believe the root is in crossover/mac install.