Recent Topics

Ads

Video card does not meet minimum specs DGVoodoo2

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Scottx125

Video card does not meet minimum specs DGVoodoo2

Post#1 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:50 pm

I'm trying to get an emulator called DGVoodoo2 working for RoR so I can extract entire scenes with NinjaRipper. However I keep getting the "Video card does not meet minimum spec" error. This emulator has present emulated video cards and I'm wonder what exactly is checked to determine if a GPU is within the minimum specs?
Last edited by Scottx125 on Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
agemennon675

Re: Video car does not meet minimum specs DGVoodoo2

Post#2 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:58 pm

Only time I had to use DGVoodoo was when I tried to play the game called ''The Entente'' on my laptop but I though it didnt have a preset cards list or limitations. It should work for almost any spec because you can decide how much memory you want to use to emulate
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Scottx125

Post#3 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:04 pm

I've tried all of them, some of them didn't meet the minimum spec. Some loaded the launcher but didn't load the game. It'd just minimise the launcher and nothing would happen. 1 or 2 of them just didn't launch the launcher at all.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

zulnam

Post#4 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:50 pm

That's a graphics wrapper that tries to emulate Vodoo graphics cards Glide drivers? Damn, that's old.

Older than Warhammer Age of Reckoning itself. The message is the error: your emulator works as intended, emulating a graphics card that is so old the game simply doesn't support it. AOR never supported Glide, and while DGVodoo2 supports directX 9, allegedly, how well it does it is anyone's guess.

If you can play around with the GFX settings, here are some cards from the official requirements:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/c ... ning/10757
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Scottx125

Post#5 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:00 pm

zulnam wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:50 pm That's a graphics wrapper that tries to emulate Vodoo graphics cards Glide drivers? Damn, that's old.

Older than Warhammer Age of Reckoning itself. The message is the error: your emulator works as intended, emulating a graphics card that is so old the game simply doesn't support it. AOR never supported Glide, and while DGVodoo2 supports directX 9, allegedly, how well it does it is anyone's guess.

If you can play around with the GFX settings, here are some cards from the official requirements:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/c ... ning/10757
It Emulates Gilde and DX6 through to 9. I've also found at least one emulated GPU on DGVooDoo, and it just doesn't launch. It launches the launcher into task manager but doesn't display it.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Scottx125

Re: Video card does not meet minimum specs DGVoodoo2

Post#6 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:54 pm

Got a debug log running this through Visual Studio. Ignore the access errors they're the same without dgVoodoo being used:

Virtual Internal 3D : https://1drv.ms/t/s!AlEtuvSotaeEe3cq1ya6G8VpNsI
ATI Radeon 8500: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AlEtuvSotaeEfBC0Awe7ct4nWb4 <- Up until the point where the launcher refuses connection due to not meeting minimum requirements.

Ok, after further investigtion it seems like the ATI Radeon shaders are too old to work. However It doesn't explain why the Virtual 3D GPU doesn't work.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Scottx125

Re: Video card does not meet minimum specs DGVoodoo2

Post#7 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:21 am

Update: After some trial and error, I was able to get it working by just utilising ninjaripper (which automatically applies dgVooDoo in the latest version). On the character select screen it works great, but once it loads into the game, you'll have about 10 seconds before it crashes. And during that time you'll have characters with unloaded textures walking around. But 80% of the game seems to load correctly. Also the FPS is dreadful.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.