Recent Topics

Ads

Game Shutdown

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
pepegkas

Game Shutdown

Post#1 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:07 am

Hi,i am a return player try this game once more, my problem is that the game some times close (like alt f4) not sure what the problem is tested all the graphic setting in game but still game close especialy in big fight keep-forts etc.

Ads
lumpi33

Re: Game Shutdown

Post#2 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:02 am

Here is what you can do:

- first check your PCs memory. If it is faulty then these kind of crashes happen. Google for memtest86, put it on an USB stick and boot from it. If you see errors during the test then try with one RAM stick only.

- second update all your drivers. Chipset, audio, network, graphic, BIOS, etc. It can improve stability. Try turning off overclocking in BIOS if it is turned on.

- third the ROR patcher sometimes creates faulty files that cannot even be fixed with repair. Your only option is to download the game again. Try playing without addons and without your old profiles first. I had one case where the character profile caused the crashes. Created a new one and the crashes were gone. Make sure you use the 32 bit client. The 64 bit one (which is also 32 bit) is bugged.

I can tell you that my game is crashing not at all. So if you did all three steps then you shouldn't have any crashes.

Cheers.

pepegkas

Post#3 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:41 am

First of all thank you very much for your quick respons. now about the memory i have test em never had any problems with those blue screens etc or any other game shutting down like this. now about the drivers my pc its kinda fresh formated a week ago or so, it might miss audio drivers. thanks once again i like this game alot but those crashed etc are demoralizing.

xpander
Community Management

Post#4 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:35 am

You could check RAM usage of the WAR process. Both executables are LAA patched, but since its still 32bit, iirc only 3GB can be used (Without LAA it would be 2GB)... so in theory if you have loads of addons and stuff, maybe it goes over that 32bit adress space limit and crashes?.. could be ofc something entirely different.. hard to tell without any logs or error messages.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

pepegkas

Post#5 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:39 am

Well this time at least i got a message, game crashed during siege ostaland, the error message was run time error. i ahve tried disable 60% of the addons tried with 32-64 client version etc. i feel like as long as the game it goes for bad to worst. dont have any problem like this with other games from wow to enlisted to dota or what ever you might think. also i change the root of the game now is on C:warhammer and not somewhre deep in folders. thanks anyone hows replied to this post already.

lumpi33

Post#6 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:03 pm

pepegkas wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:39 am Well this time at least i got a message, game crashed during siege ostaland, the error message was run time error. i ahve tried disable 60% of the addons tried with 32-64 client version etc. i feel like as long as the game it goes for bad to worst. dont have any problem like this with other games from wow to enlisted to dota or what ever you might think. also i change the root of the game now is on C:warhammer and not somewhre deep in folders. thanks anyone hows replied to this post already.
- third the ROR patcher sometimes creates faulty files that cannot even be fixed with repair. Your only option is to download the game again. Try playing without addons and without your old profiles first. I had one case where the character profile caused the crashes. Created a new one and the crashes were gone. Make sure you use the 32 bit client. The 64 bit one (which is also 32 bit) is bugged.

Download new via torrent and play without your addons and old profiles first. Only with the fresh installation. Use the 32 bit client and after the first login, logout again and patch again when you have a fresh installation. That should fix your problems.

Omegus

Post#7 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:19 pm

pepegkas wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:07 amstill game close especialy in big fight keep-forts etc.
This is often a problem with bugs in war.exe client which generally cannot be fixed as the code to that is not public. After playing for a long time or during big sieges sometimes the client just crashes. It's always done it, and did it on live as well.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot