Recent Topics

Ads

[Mac OS] How to Install Return of Reckoning V.2

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
gyps

[Mac OS] How to Install Return of Reckoning V.2

Post#1 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:03 pm

Installation Guide for Mac+Crossover users

If you're not a Mac user, follow this guide.

Before starting big thanks to user @Delegator who started the first mac Installation guide, this guide follows up his and improves it a bit according to current system for downloading the game and updates on Crossover side. This is a Crossover only guide, bootcamp is not available for me as I play under Apple Sillicon, but if you are a Bootcamp user you should use the main Windows OS installation on the previous link.
Overall the game is fully playable, there are some fps drops under keeps or big orvr.

There are two methods of installation, one is the following and the "alternative" method in the following post which is way easier to try, up to you:

In the following guide sample images are in Spanish, but location are the same so its easy to identify.

1 // Open Crossover and create a new bottle, select Windows 7 64 Bits.
Spoiler:

2 // In Crossover click in install and search for “.net”
Select “Net Framework 4”, select your Bottle and click install, there will be several installation proccess just keep “accepting terms” and clicking next until it completes all setups, if ask for restart just click “later”, and if winedebugger pops with an error just close and continue. This process will install different versions of .NET in your bottle and its fine.
Spoiler:

3 // In Crossover click on install again and search for directx.
Select “Directx for Modern Games”, select your Bottle and click install (same process as described for .Net)

4 // Download the game from: https://returnofreckoning.wetransfer.co ... 654/a70e80
You will find inside the zip two folder, just copy the folder of "Return of Reckoning".

5 // Return to Crossover, right click on your bottle and select “Open C: Drive” and paste the “Return of Reckoning” folder.
Spoiler:
6 // If they are not disable, please disable DXVK (not working with 32bits dx9), CSMT (this option do not appear on crossover 23), ESYNC, if you are on Retina display keep High resolution mode on

7 // In the Crossover bottle, right click on your bottle, Run Command, click on browse and select the RoRLauncher.exe and click on “Save as launcher” on the bottom left corner, then click “Run” and should pop up the launcher, let it patch everything up to full. This will take a while as the launcher verifies your files and downloads updates. As you can see you created a direct shortcut in Crossover so there's no need to use the "run command" method next time you open the launcher.
Spoiler:

8 // Click “Connect” button and game should run.

There are few tweaks on the original Mac installation guide that I don't use anymore, the bare minimum tweaks you should use are:

While ingame, press ESC, User setting, deactivated under general tab -> Show combat lightning on -> none
On the tab Chat Scroll limit 500 max would be 2000 if we really want to keep it.
Targeting tab-> Names Font - > Simple then toggle off many Overhead names and keep only the ones you consider most usefull for you.
Video tab-> Deactivate full screen (set a screen resolution that matches your current screen so it will be full screen withouth being it!), frame and shader performance optimizations.
Video tab-> Customize -> SET GPU texxture memory cache to max
Video tab -> Customize -> SET draw distance to near

Feel free to play with effects / lighning / water reflection, just consider that big orvr fights stress a lot the system your FPS will drop.
Last edited by gyps on Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Ads
gyps

Re: [Mac OS] How to Install Return of Reckoning V.2

Post#2 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:40 pm

Alternative installing method. PAUSED ATM 30/09/23

Ok I've created what its called a "wine wrapper" which is a bundle with all the needed software already installed and ready to run, eventually this method will end up being the easier and will replace the previous.

Install process is fairly easy and its not complicate at all, its base is the free source code of crossover with .NET and Directx installed and client updates up to September. The RoR.App itself has been tested under a chip M1, M1 Pro, M1 Max and M2 Max under either Ventura and Sonoma starting from 8gb of ram, no intel machine has been tested so please leave your feedback, now the steps:

1. Download the RoR.App from MediaFire. WIP
2. Place it in your applications folder.
3. Now open settings, select privacy and security, find "Full disk access" open it, click on the "+" icon on the bottom and browse into your applications folder and add the RoR.App.
4. Now open the RoR.App and the client should start, it should run at your current display resolution otherwise change the video settings once open.
Last edited by gyps on Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.

interperez

Post#3 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 4:46 pm

Firstly thanks 4 guide mate.
İ have m1 8gb specs macbook air and this solution worked.
But i have alot of fps drops that cause i didnt like play.
Maybe i need to learn some specific settings about crossover.
Zankaruk-Shaman
Citoles-Black Orc

BluIzLucky

Post#4 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:46 pm

Ah nice to see others trying too, I just tested on MBA m1 yesterday on PlayOnMac (free alternative to crossover) using Delegator's guide.

Tried first on 64 bit virtual drive, which didn't work and then on a fresh 32 bit drive, installed the two prompted extras and then DX9C download/install after and got in the game without any problems.

I had some hopes that performance would be good since it's suppose to be a decent cpu, but unfortunately it's just a slideshow with +24 people (fastest framerate, no mods, only name/title of target).

If anyone gets good performance please post how :)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

gyps

Post#5 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:56 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:46 pm Ah nice to see others trying too, I just tested on MBA m1 yesterday on PlayOnMac (free alternative to crossover) using Delegator's guide.

Tried first on 64 bit virtual drive, which didn't work and then on a fresh 32 bit drive, installed the two prompted extras and then DX9C download/install after and got in the game without any problems.
Never tried playonmac really so couldn't tell if its on par of Crossover or not, will have to try it. you are on MBA M1 how much ram?

gyps

Post#6 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:02 pm

edit - no longer found improvements adding further registry keywords -
Last edited by gyps on Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Specialpatrol

Post#7 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:36 pm

Does anyone know how this solution compares performance-wise to creating a Windows partition and installing the game there?
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

gyps

Post#8 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:01 pm

Specialpatrol wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:36 pm Does anyone know how this solution compares performance-wise to creating a Windows partition and installing the game there?
If you have an Intel mac in order to use bootcamp I believe it should work better. Unfortunately Bootcamp is not an option for Apple Silicon macs.

Virtualizing using parallels should perform worse than Crossover.

Ads
Specialpatrol

Post#9 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:15 am

gyps wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:01 pm
Specialpatrol wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:36 pm Does anyone know how this solution compares performance-wise to creating a Windows partition and installing the game there?
If you have an Intel mac in order to use bootcamp I believe it should work better. Unfortunately Bootcamp is not an option for Apple Silicon macs.

Virtualizing using parallels should perform worse than Crossover.
I have an i7 Imac and I am currently running the game through a bootcamp partition. But it would be nice to eliminate the bootcamp, if possible - so I've decided to try the free trial of Crossover to test it. I'm having a few issues, though.

So far, I've installed Crossover and followed your guide (creating a Win7-64bit bottle, installing .net 4 and directX and downloaded RoR via the link supplied). I had a to try a few times to get it to install .net 4, as it stalled both during download and installation.

However, I seem to be stuck at part 7 of your guide. I've followed it as described, yet when I click "Run" after the "Save as Launcher" bit, nothing really happens. The "Run Command" window greys out for a few seconds, as a blue progress-bar ping-pongs back and forth a few times - and then the window returns to normal.

I've tried to move the RoR-folder around, placing it in the drive-c root folder, in Program Files and in Program Files (x86) - going through the process of locating the rorlauncher.exe-file and clicking "Save Command as Launcher" every time - yet nothing seems to work. And when I double-click the RoRLauncher shortcut in Crossover it pops up and then closes itself immediately after.

I've also made sure that DXVK, CSMT, ESYNC and High Resolution are all disabled.

So what am I doing wrong?
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

BluIzLucky

Post#10 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:43 am

I had to use the 32 bit bottle for PlayOnMac (which should be the same as CrossOver), it didn't seem to download the right stuff on 64 bit version.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70