Recent Topics

Ads

Amd ryzen 5800x3d

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
akeskin69

Amd ryzen 5800x3d

Post#1 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:57 pm

Hi,

I heard that the ryzen 5800x3d CPU is very good for mmorpgs because of the cache and the better frametimes.

Does som1 have this CPU and can confirm this ?
Or is a ryzen 5600x enough for RoR and other mmorpgs?

Ads
Repulsion

Re: Amd ryzen 5800x3d

Post#2 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:38 pm

The thing that matters the most for Warhammer is single core CPU speed.
Between the two, if your main drive is RoR and other MMOs there is no real difference in performance.
Even with AAA games on max graphics the difference is so miniscule it doesn't justify the cost gap, even if it's small (50€ or so?)

Now, if you use any kind of multicore CPU-heavy application (Rendering/Production programs of any kind/Compilers) then 5800x is much better.

TL;DR: 5600 all the way if you are not a programmer or content creator/artist.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#3 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:29 pm

I have one. There's a lot of factors that aren't important for CPU anyway, just inefficiency in the game engine. Nothing that throwing more resources that can fix it. I recently upgraded from an i7 4790k and there's a relatively small improvement for how far apart the CPU's were in age.

Any modern processor should handle the game similarly. It's not the hardware, it's the game engine.

I would say the most important thing for the 5800x3d specifically is making sure it's running boosted clocks with HWinfo, the task manager doesn't really track processor speed very well. You'll probably need an updated BIOS or it'll stick at 3.4ghz instead of boosting to 4.5ghz
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Phantasm

Post#4 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:13 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:29 pm I have one. There's a lot of factors that aren't important for CPU anyway, just inefficiency in the game engine. Nothing that throwing more resources that can fix it. I recently upgraded from an i7 4790k and there's a relatively small improvement for how far apart the CPU's were in age.

Any modern processor should handle the game similarly. It's not the hardware, it's the game engine.

I would say the most important thing for the 5800x3d specifically is making sure it's running boosted clocks with HWinfo, the task manager doesn't really track processor speed very well. You'll probably need an updated BIOS or it'll stick at 3.4ghz instead of boosting to 4.5ghz
Sorry for a little necro, I got a chance to get 5800X3D replacing 5600x. What i really hope is to fix stutters in warband vs warband fights and the lag when you enter keep/fort and everyone in area loads up, how is your experience with that kind of issue?

xpander
Community Management

Post#5 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:40 pm

I went from 3700X to 5800X3D and there is allmost zero difference when it comes to RoR performance. I do not have any stutters though. But the performance in huge fights is still pretty bad. 30-40 FPS in big keep fights. With 3700X i had few fights drop to 20 fps in Keeps, but i can't really compare, cause every fight is a bit different and might be, that i have played with a bit smaller population with 5800X3D than i had when i used 3700X. Different addons and game updates also. Scenarios usually are very good and most of the time 100FPS capped with few drops to 60-70 when lots of spells go off.
I'm using Linux as an OS though, so things might be a bit different on windows side.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos