Recent Topics

Ads

My new warrior priest

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Stateofwtf

My new warrior priest

Post#1 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:46 am

Hello i made a wp yesterday and my action points seem really messed up. Alot of different problems happen. If i attack anything my action points will not regenerate until i leave combat. At times i can only attack an enemy with one ability and then after that all of my abilitys are greyed out while i still am on target and in range. The Ui for my action point bar does not move. It stays full however i can barely attack anything. At times i am able to get off 4 or 5 attack abilitys but that is all. And then the actions points do not regenerate until i leave combat. I have other characters that are a little older and this problem does not happen on the older characters. The one i created yesterday has the action point problem. Also i deleted the character and then re-made a new character and the same thing happens with the action points. Thanks for any help you have

Ads
Geroniax

Re: My new warrior priest

Post#2 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:15 am

Hey. What Level is your WP at? The Warrior Priest starts with "Divine Strike", "Divine Aid", "Judgement" and "Supplication", wich all cost "Righteos Fury" and not Action points. This ressource regenerates out of combat, with "Supplication" or some level later with Abilities that cost action points and generate righteos fury.

Stateofwtf

Post#3 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:27 pm

Geroniax wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:15 am Hey. What Level is your WP at? The Warrior Priest starts with "Divine Strike", "Divine Aid", "Judgement" and "Supplication", wich all cost "Righteos Fury" and not Action points. This ressource regenerates out of combat, with "Supplication" or some level later with Abilities that cost action points and generate righteos fury.
Thank you for the fast reply. Much appreciated. It seems the problem was not with the character The problem thereby was the player me myself and I. My wp is level 1 and it seems i was playing him wrong. Your advice has helped me and thank you! But i might add that i remember playing the wp many years ago and i dont remember this style of play. Having only righteous fury and not being able to use action points isnt what i remember. But thanks Geroniax! You seemed to have pointed out and also fixed the problem. Which was me :((

geezereur

Post#4 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:36 pm

it gets better when you lvl up and get AP regen on gear.
Try not to spam your abilities to fast I know in T1 AP is a huge problem.

Stateofwtf

Post#5 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:55 pm

geezereur wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:36 pm it gets better when you lvl up and get AP regen on gear.
Try not to spam your abilities to fast I know in T1 AP is a huge problem.
Okay thank you for the tip! Yes wp in t1 seems like doo doo so far but i will try =)

Minisynn

Post#6 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:47 pm

Base AP regen in RoR only starts when you've stopped casting/hitting abilities for x (1.5 I believe) seconds, and then stops once you use an ability or cast again.

You get persistent AP regen later on via AP/second on gear, which constantly ticks as opposed to only giving you AP regen ticks when you're not attacking.

Generally you'll get your first one at level 24, from the pvp vendors. Or (and what I'd recommend for all WPs) is doing the High Pass RvR influence as fast as possible to get the purple book or shield which is usable from level 18, and which you'll end up using until level 40 as it has 8 RF regen and 3 AP regen on it.

For now, buy AP pots from the pvp vendors in the T1 warcamp, and try to let your AP pool during downtime/non casting periods before you go back to casting, rather than trying to weave in a spell every time you get AP (unless of course you need to). Most classes struggle with the same issue until they start getting AP regen after tier 1.
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube