Recent Topics

Ads

Unauthorized Access Error

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Aeterna

Unauthorized Access Error

Post#1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:20 pm

Been following for a while, and finally have time to dedicate to playing often, but on my laptop I keep on getting this error:

Error starting: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\mobeirne\Documents\Warhammer
Age of Reckoning\WAR.exe' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights,
FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean
bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,
FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at RoRLauncher.Client.patchExe()
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)

I've tried moving the folder to see if that was an issue and running it as admin, but neither of those work. Searching on the site only yielded one result, Here, which only mentioned being in read only which it is not. The laptop in question is a school given lap top, running Windows 8.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Unauthorized Access Error

Post#2 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:26 pm

Uncheck read-only on the entire folder, this may catch some of the other files.

You may also need to whitelist war.exe, rorlauncher.exe in your antivirus, or the entire WAR folder.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Aeterna

Post#3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:07 pm

Ah you make the folder read only, that seems to have done it, now getting that dedx9_34.dll is missing, I'll try reinstalling, or will just transfer the files from my PC, thanks for the help.

CarlistRieekan

Post#4 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:13 pm

If dedx9_34.dll is missing, you should install DirectX 9.0c (you probably have too new version of DX). There should be download mirror somewhere at Microsoft website.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Aeterna wrote:Ah you make the folder read only, that seems to have done it, now getting that dedx9_34.dll is missing, I'll try reinstalling, or will just transfer the files from my PC, thanks for the help.
Are you on a new install of Windows? Not having DX9 installed can be an issue with Win8/10. You might be able to get it installed from this link. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... px?id=8109
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Aeterna

Post#6 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:45 am

Ah, yes it is a fresh install, will go ahead and download, thank you for the help.

Edenwolf

Post#7 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:35 pm

I installed the dx9 from the link but I'm still getting the error that it's missing from my computer. Does it have to be in a particular folder? K nvm I just downloaded d3dx9_34.dll by itslef and put it in the war folder and that worked.
Bigfugginaxe SL ~ Blueshift MA ~ Healzealot ZL ~ Stalhrinn IB ~ Tarielle SW ~ Damngurl WE ~ Jediknight SM ~ Windsong AM