Recent Topics

Ads

[deprecated] RoR Under Linux

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Amitrya

Re: [Guide] RoR Under Linux

Post#81 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:53 pm

sigz wrote:@Amitrya does your script handle having ror on a custom wine prefix ?
No but I'll add it, makes sense.

https://github.com/SammyJames/ror_launc ... 75b989521a

adds support, specify the prefix as your third param:
./ror_launch <username> <password> <optional: prefix>
ie:
./ror_launch chocolate chip $HOME/.warhammer

Ads
sigz

Post#82 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:27 pm

works well, nice job. (don't forget to update your readme)

The last missing feature, I think, is that sometimes people does not use their global wine install but a custom wine bin compiled in another path.. I don't really know if this could be handled out of your launcher. (maybe the WINELOADER env var)

xpander
Community Management

Post#83 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:46 pm

yeah im using my own script to start wine from different location. looks like this:

Code: Select all

gamedir="/mnt/stuff/xpander/Games/WAR"
winebindir="/mnt/stuff/xpander/Games/WAR/wine-staging/bin/"
wineprefixdir="/mnt/stuff/xpander/Games/WAR/WARprefix"

export WINEDEBUG=-all
#export __GL_FSAA_MODE=10
export __GL_LOG_MAX_ANISO=4
export __GL_YIELD=NOTHING
#export __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1

#function to start Game
PATH=$winebindir:$PATH env WINEPREFIX=$wineprefixdir wine $gamedir"/RoRLauncher.exe"
so i think this could be added into the launcher as well, havent yet tested this launcher, will do when i get some time.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Amitrya

Post#84 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 am

I'll look into it

Remytion

Problème de mot de passe et d'accès au jeu

Post#85 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:57 am

Bonjour à tous, j'ai perdu mon mot de passe pour me connecter.
J'ai donc procédé à la réinitialisation de celui-ci et j'ai effectué tout ce qui m'a été demandé.
J'arrive maintenant à me connecter au forum mais plus du tout au jeu.
Pourriez-vous m'éclairer car Sigmar n'est pas disponible en ce moment : )

guran

Post#86 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:35 pm

I have tried to get Return of Reckoning running under Linux for about two days now. I cant get the RoRLauncher.exe to work under Wine. The problem is that it needs .NET 4.0 (which I have installed from Winetricks) and it doesn't work, the error I get is about mscoree.dll that's missing. Winetricks seems to remove it when it installs dotnet40 because of some bug when you leave it there.

I've tried pretty much everything I can find on google about that now, creating a 32 bit WINEPREFIX, trying different overrides in the winecfg for mscoree and even adding the mscoree.dll afterward to no prevail. I tried getting the ror_launch (https://github.com/SammyJames/ror_launch) to work, tried the exe under wine and compiling it from source but maybe I just don't get it since it just gives me an error.

Anyone knows some soluting? I at least learned some things about Wine and compiling! :)

Amitrya

Post#87 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:09 pm

guran wrote:I have tried to get Return of Reckoning running under Linux for about two days now. I cant get the RoRLauncher.exe to work under Wine. The problem is that it needs .NET 4.0 (which I have installed from Winetricks) and it doesn't work, the error I get is about mscoree.dll that's missing. Winetricks seems to remove it when it installs dotnet40 because of some bug when you leave it there.

I've tried pretty much everything I can find on google about that now, creating a 32 bit WINEPREFIX, trying different overrides in the winecfg for mscoree and even adding the mscoree.dll afterward to no prevail. I tried getting the ror_launch (https://github.com/SammyJames/ror_launch) to work, tried the exe under wine and compiling it from source but maybe I just don't get it since it just gives me an error.

Anyone knows some soluting? I at least learned some things about Wine and compiling! :)
What compile error are you seeing when compiling my launcher?

guran

Post#88 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:31 pm

Amitrya wrote:What compile error are you seeing when compiling my launcher?
None just that I cant use it correctly. Says:

command line Return of Reckoning launcher (by Sammy)
thread 'main' panicked at 'invalid username / password', src/client.rs:147:23
note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
When I run it.

This is how I start it:

~/.wine_WARROR/drive_c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/WARROR/ror_launch username password

Ads
Amitrya

Post#89 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 pm

yeah you have your username or password incorrect...

guran

Post#90 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Sound logical bucause of the message but it's 100% the same as I use to log in to the forums. I have done a password reset once, maybe that's why, all the databases doesn't update correctly or something when you change the password.. I'll try creating a new account then..

Edit: Well it worked creating a new account! Thanks for the hint.
It even says in the sticky viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2889 about password changes that "It may take some days before working with login server". Sorry about that.