Recent Topics

Ads

[deprecated] RoR Under Linux

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
ufthakk
Suspended

Re: [Guide] RoR Under Linux

Post#11 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Hey! my game is working, but it crashes after sometime. im now downloading the client again. ive tryed the csmt thing, its true all the texture issues are gone but it looks alot more like dx9, and its still crashing..

ok, after i installed the dx version recommended in the installation guide https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8109 it seems to work much better. im using wine 1.9.2 stagging with csmt enabled.
looks ok so far. i think its also doing the whole graphic-thing. relating to the crashes needs monitored for some time..

Ads
ufthakk
Suspended

Post#12 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:38 pm

hey! i think what we need is a vertex blend patched wine 1.9.2 staging. maybe someone can help with that.. http://portingteam.com/topic/7481-verte ... wine-help/ found this on the topic..

tpro

Post#13 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:09 pm

I used wine 1.9.3-staging from PlayOnLinux and results are nice - no shines, textures ok.

Soberon

Post#14 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:17 pm

I am trying to get this up and running in in linux myself I can get past the launcher and get kind of in but I can not create a character I ended up with this error below. Does any one happen to know what I can do about it?

Data.myp:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): File not found
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceMonitor.GetData(String item)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetPerformanceData(String item)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

djhyland

Post#15 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:20 pm

clements wrote:i am able to launch the game and login but am unable to create a character. seems like a similar others are having. set permissions to 777 on all files to rule that out.

http://imgur.com/gs6T5Udl.png
Did anyone ever figure out how to fix this problem? I'm having it, too. Unlike Vralkhir, though I don't have a Windows install to copy over, so that's not an option for me.

I'm running Wine 1.9.7 on 64-bit Gentoo Testing, and I followed the original post's instructions on setting up a 32-bit Wine environment and installing the required Windows components via Winetricks. The only thing I can think of is that Gentoo doesn't have a wine-mono package like Fedora does. I think I have that covered by building Wine with Mono's use flags enabled and installing Mono itself, but I could be wrong. Anyone have any suggestions, or am I doomed to not be able to log in?

hogo2hogo

Post#16 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:26 pm

Hello, Sorry to be a necromancer.

If anyone could help me out with an updated response (I have looked the forums etc, and this is the most relative post that I could find) to the instructions of how to use RoR in Ubuntu, that would be much appreciated.

Some background info, I have installed Wine + Winetricks , I am not very familiar with ubuntu/terminal/wine, I have downloaded and run various software using wine (so I assume it works? :P) but I would like someone to guide me step by step to avoid F***** things up.

sigz

Post#17 » Tue May 10, 2016 1:02 pm

can someone show its playonlinux configuration to make the game work ? I made a drive with wine 1.9.9, dotnet40, msxml and lastest dx9, but I'am still getting many c# errors when starting the launcher, so I am not sure about all required dependencies.. (does the launcher needs something with vcrun or vbrun ? or special dlls configuration ?)

The error is

Code: Select all

Unhandled Exception: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Add value to collection of type 'System.Windows.Controls.UIElementCollection' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unknown authentication service. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706D3
(I'm on a archlinux64)

aragaer

Post#18 » Tue May 10, 2016 6:27 pm

So far getting the same result.
Data.myp:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): File not found
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceMonitor.GetData(String item)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetPerformanceData(String item)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String category, String counter, Boolean& categoryExists)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CounterExists(String machine, String category, String counter)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter.InitializeImpl()
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName, Boolean readOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter..ctor(String categoryName, String counterName, String instanceName)
at MYPHandler.MYPHandler..ctor(String filename, del_FileTableEventHandler eventHandler_FileTable, del_FileEventHandler eventHandler_Extraction, HashDictionary hashDic)
at RoRLauncher.Client.UpdateWarData()

Edit: Solved by copying data.myp from windows machine. There is still some error but I can play.
Last edited by aragaer on Tue May 10, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
grendel

Post#19 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Hi,
I know this likely won't help you much, but I was able to grab a copy of the data.myp file from a Windows installation (suggested by this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11579#p120453) put it into my WAR installation folder within my wine prefix and it has been working for me since.

eNTi

Post#20 » Wed May 11, 2016 3:40 pm

sigz wrote:can someone show its playonlinux configuration to make the game work ? I made a drive with wine 1.9.9, dotnet40, msxml and lastest dx9, but I'am still getting many c# errors when starting the launcher, so I am not sure about all required dependencies.. (does the launcher needs something with vcrun or vbrun ? or special dlls configuration ?)

The error is

Unhandled Exception: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Add value to collection of type 'System.Windows.Controls.UIElementCollection' threw an exception. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Unknown authentication service. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706D3
(I'm on a archlinux64)
Something i did was:

winetricks -q dotnet452
Now I'm stuck with the

data.myp
issue. Maybe it a file name case issue or the default one in the directory is corrupted? Could anyone upload the file and someone else provide a sha265 checksum please?
Last edited by eNTi on Wed May 11, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.