Recent Topics

Ads

[deprecated] RoR Under Linux

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
sigz

Re: [Guide] RoR Under Linux

Post#21 » Wed May 11, 2016 4:54 pm

ok I got my issue, I changed the default windows XP version to windows 7 in winecfg, and then the launcher started correctly. I am also getting the data.myp error but the game works even though.

Ads
eNTi

Post#22 » Wed May 11, 2016 5:47 pm

sigz wrote:ok I got my issue, I changed the default windows XP version to windows 7 in winecfg, and then the launcher started correctly. I am also getting the data.myp error but the game works even though.
what's the (any) checksum of your file?

sigz

Post#23 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:00 pm

@eNTI : 7a699061b0f8a26883ea53bcb86a6e58 with md5sum

eNTi

Post#24 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:22 pm

thx... i have downloaded the file again. see this post:

viewtopic.php?p=149262#p149262

how is this possible, that all those files have different checksums? are they being written into when the game is running?

Elven
Former Staff

Post#25 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Yes. The launcher injects the new server information so that the client knows where to connect.

eNTi

Post#26 » Wed May 11, 2016 10:21 pm

is anyone else missing textures? sometimes they are there sometimes they are invisible and sometimes they are black? very weird.

sigz

Post#27 » Thu May 12, 2016 7:17 pm

well I don't really know if it's the same kind of issue, but in my case, main ground textures are really brighter in wine than windows. Model and object textures are ok, fog effects are ok also.

grendel

Post#28 » Thu May 12, 2016 9:43 pm

eNTi wrote:is anyone else missing textures? sometimes they are there sometimes they are invisible and sometimes they are black? very weird.
What version of wine are you using?
Are you using wine staging?

I had these kinds of effects with plain unpatched wine but current staging versions contain a texture patch which should fix this.

Ads
sigz

Post#29 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:37 am

@eNTI: well I tried wine-1.9.9-staging and with it I get many black texture issues. I rolled back to 1.9.3-staging with which I never have any black textures issues. ( and always CSMT option enabled )

aragaer

Post#30 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:01 am

I do have texture problems sometimes. My wine is built from source from 1.9.9 tag.