Recent Topics

Ads

[deprecated] RoR Under Linux

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
xpander
Community Management

Re: [Guide] RoR Under Linux

Post#121 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Haven't tried the game quite some time. Today i tried. have wine-staging 3.21 with esync and proton fullscreen patch and faudio patch. Everything works nicely, updater did it job with updating(took some time), game works, but the ground textures are still way too bright. Anyone found a way to fix that? :(

Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
nortes

Post#122 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:11 pm

xpander wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:09 pm Haven't tried the game quite some time. Today i tried. have wine-staging 3.21 with esync and proton fullscreen patch and faudio patch. Everything works nicely, updater did it job with updating(took some time), game works, but the ground textures are still way too bright. Anyone found a way to fix that? :(
Such bright textures are only in the Nordland, in other locations everything looks better.
However, I noticed that if you enable the post processing option in the video settings, this significantly affects the terrain brightness.

xpander
Community Management

Post#123 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:01 am

nortes wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:11 pm
xpander wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:09 pm Haven't tried the game quite some time. Today i tried. have wine-staging 3.21 with esync and proton fullscreen patch and faudio patch. Everything works nicely, updater did it job with updating(took some time), game works, but the ground textures are still way too bright. Anyone found a way to fix that? :(
Such bright textures are only in the Nordland, in other locations everything looks better.
However, I noticed that if you enable the post processing option in the video settings, this significantly affects the terrain brightness.
Its also in Ostland and on many Greenskin areas. And yes postprocessing affects it, disabling it will make it even brighter. I can't figure out whats the issue :( this is the only issue that prevents me from enjoying this game, other than that it works perfectly. Yeah if i reduce the gamma quite a bit it becomes somewhat bearable, but i was hoping someone knows a way to work around this issue.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

nortes

Post#124 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:10 am

xpander wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:01 am
Its also in Ostland and on many Greenskin areas. And yes postprocessing affects it, disabling it will make it even brighter. I can't figure out whats the issue :( this is the only issue that prevents me from enjoying this game, other than that it works perfectly. Yeah if i reduce the gamma quite a bit it becomes somewhat bearable, but i was hoping someone knows a way to work around this issue.
maybe I'm just used to the fact that the textures are bright in other places, but subjectively in other locations, everything is not so bad ... the main problem, in fact, that prevents me from playing normally, is a really baad freezes in rvr at locations higher than the first tier(huge fps drop then you see more than ~30+ ppl at same screen.. so I spend most of the time in pve and on scenes :/
Unfortunately, I think it is impossible to solve this particular problem under wine, because there is a question of using a video driver ... which is not used . And also poor optimisation of game itself even under windows.

xpander
Community Management

Post#125 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Ok i think i found the issue why it has bright textures:

Code: Select all

0068:fixme:d3d_perf:texture2d_load_texture Downloading RGB texture 0x557cba0, 0 to reload it as sRGB.
0068:fixme:d3d_perf:texture2d_load_texture Downloading RGB texture 0x557cba0, 1 to reload it as sRGB.
0068:fixme:d3d_perf:texture2d_load_texture Downloading RGB texture 0x557cba0, 2 to reload it as sRGB.
0068:fixme:d3d_perf:texture2d_load_texture Downloading RGB texture 0x557cba0, 3 to reload it as sRGB.
0068:fixme:d3d_perf:texture2d_load_texture Downloading RGB texture 0x557cba0, 4 to reload it as sRGB.
0068:fixme:d3d_perf:texture2d_load_texture Downloading RGB texture 0x557cba0, 5 to reload it as sRGB.
0068:fixme:d3d_perf:texture2d_load_texture Downloading RGB texture 0x557cba0, 6 to reload it as sRGB.
0068:fixme:d3d_perf:texture2d_load_texture Downloading RGB texture 0x557cba0, 7 to reload it as sRGB.
0068:fixme:d3d_perf:texture2d_load_texture Downloading RGB texture 0x557cba0, 8 to reload it as sRGB.
0068:fixme:d3d_perf:texture2d_load_texture Downloading RGB texture 0x557cba0, 9 to reload it as sRGB.
This thing worked in 2009/2010 but got broken due some games had huge performance hit reloading those formats constantly. directx9 and opengl act differently. I tried to patch wine, but i'm having hard time since the wine code has changed so much.

heres a newer bugreport about similar issue with some other games:
https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=46212

and here is the old one where there are some patches to fix Warhammer, but they dont apply to modern wine versions anymore since the code has changed a lot

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12453
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Jinxypie

Post#126 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:47 am

https://imgur.com/a/5IExxVB

Only one question. What does it want me to do? :lol:

Used the 32bit wine staging 3.2 set to XP with dxd9 and dotnet40. All updates applied via dual boot, then i got this. Btw running on Ubuntu 18.04.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

gemgem

Post#127 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:09 am

xp does not support
set win7

Jinxypie

Post#128 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:20 pm

Lol, it rly was just that. Up and running now with no errors. Btw is there a way to force anisotropic filtering and v-sync on AMD gpu? Other than that all seems fine. Even texture brightness.

Ads
xpander
Community Management

Post#129 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:58 pm

No idea about AMD, probably there are some variables. On nvidia i do this:

Code: Select all

export WINEDEBUG=-all
export WINEESYNC=1
export __GL_FSAA_MODE=10
export __GL_LOG_MAX_ANISO=4
export __GL_SHOW_GRAPHICS_OSD=1
1. disables debugging, more perf
2. enables esync, less wineserver load
3. max Anti Aliasing for my gpu ( check available modes with: nvidia-settings --query=fsaa --verbose)
4. max Anisotropic filtering (4 is 16x, 3 is 8x and so on)
5. FPS counter introduced with nvidia 410.x drivers
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Offical RoR Discord

My Linux Gaming Videos

Jinxypie

Post#130 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:58 am

Tearing solved with /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "Device"
Identifier "AMDGPU"
Driver "amdgpu"
Option "TearFree" "on"
Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
Option "DRI" "3"
EndSection

AF not so much. But i am glad i dont have to dual boot just for RoR anymore!