Recent Topics

Ads

Server more laggy than ever

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
Selluz

Server more laggy than ever

Post#1 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:36 pm

Hi there,

The server is more laggy than ever, and dispite that there atm is only 540 players online..

Is it just me and some people who are encountering this lag, or is everyone feeling it..?

And if all the server is lagging, will there be done something soon to fix this..?

I would not mind to donate every month to this game, as long as its lag free..

Ads
zabis

Re: Server more laggy than ever

Post#2 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:44 pm

On a side not, there is one more thread clogging up the space on the server :)
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

HICKS1986
Banned

Post#3 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:59 pm

New players are hilarious.

Selluz

Post#4 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:10 pm

And none of your responses made anything more clear to me.. I still think server is more laggy than before.. I can cast my heal for 2 - 8 seconds more, due to spikes, that i have not tried yet. before the last fre days....

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#5 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Selluz wrote:I would not mind to donate every month to this game, as long as its lag free..
Mmm... there is no donation system on RoR, and it won't be any donation system on RoR.

lag reasons :

1- Frequent DDOS ATTACKS : Solution : none. If you have a solution, tell us.

2- Initial core of the Emu ( wasn't made at the beginning to host so much players ) : On rewriting : ETA : no idea.

3- Actual emu code not optimized : On rework : ETA : Weeks

4- DB not optimised : Reworked. Tested? : Dunno On live : I don't think.

mirrorblade

Post#6 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:54 am

Anybody pay to ovh for these services? if yes, you can ask help to defend ddos

We have a great community!
I saw few ppl on the forum who working with servers, networks.Do a new topic how can defend ddos.
You can ask help our great community!

You are not alone, and we together will better

BTW i looked server will more laggy if x realmers logging to other side and lot of ppl change zone
If we can do something with x realmers and delay(few sec enough) fly to another zone, maybe we have lesser lag.

RyanMakara

Post#7 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:00 pm

Yaliskah wrote: 1- Frequent DDOS ATTACKS : Solution : none. If you have a solution, tell us.
Well, a few nights ago, only the website was being DDoSed, preventing people from logging in. The server was up, but nearly completely empty since the site was down for 12 hours, by which also the login server was unaccesible. Maybe some DDoS protection for the website would reduce the inconvenience.

RyanMakara

Post#8 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:51 pm

Also, another thing about the lag..
We've seen that when everyone is forced to fight in one zone we get latency lag. Especially during peak times with 750 people on, people freeze for 1 to 6 seconds, they can't fire abilities, they can only move and pray they got out of a push as it happened during lag. The server would even fully crash at times this way. This was sort of fixed by unlocking all three zones in which people could fight, but yet, the spread out of people across zones can cause immense lag.

For example; yesterday Order was taking elf, and there was 1 WB of destro fighting against 1 WB of order at mandreds. The lag was even WORSE than compared to that of the lag generated by having, let's say, 3-4 WB of destro versus 3-4 WBs of order fighting at mandreds; latency lag and freezing up to 10 seconds. It went away faster and didn't result in a crash, however.

Something my WB has also noticed is that the Empire pairing lags more than any other zone, no matter the amount of people fighting each other. Seems that even when we're all spread out across 2-3 zones in T2, even with only 400 people online, the lag is becoming worse. Somebody told me that this could only be fixed by a server restart, and that the memory leak causing this builds up over time no matter how people are on; more people only accelerate the process.

Ads
Sera

Post#9 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:47 pm

Yaliskah wrote:
Selluz wrote:I would not mind to donate every month to this game, as long as its lag free..
Mmm... there is no donation system on RoR, and it won't be any donation system on RoR.

lag reasons :

1- Frequent DDOS ATTACKS : Solution : none. If you have a solution, tell us.

2- Initial core of the Emu ( wasn't made at the beginning to host so much players ) : On rewriting : ETA : no idea.

3- Actual emu code not optimized : On rework : ETA : Weeks

4- DB not optimised : Reworked. Tested? : Dunno On live : I don't think.
1. Move to a new host that supports CloudFlare DDoS protection. Note, all the better/premium hosting companies would have dealt with the DDoS within 24 hours.
Sera

Gerv
Banned

Post#10 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:24 pm

Sad times for t3 then.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.