Patch Notes 20/4/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Lektroluv
Suspended

Re: Patch Notes 20/4/2018 [partially reverted]

Post#121 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:35 pm

michela89 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:26 pm
TroutJr wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:25 pm "so anything not specifically DB related is back to the 4/14 patch."

What is DB?

I am torn between Database and Dragon Ball

Spoiler images of Yamcha getting kicked by a melee Squig herder

Ads
Raggaz

Post#122 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:21 am

This is my experience it goes back to T1 nordland. In every zone theres a 'fighting' place usually develops. Most of the time its the closest BO to a keep, everyone just keeps fighting over it. Like festenplatz in T1.
DW, firespire.
dwarf, the tunnel or bugmans.
TC, morr
Praag, ms.
ect ect ect.

Your intentions are to split up the zerg? But by doing this it takes away from fighting.
When a zone opens, its usually BO sitting till someone gets a ram. Once the keep siege starts then the fighting starts.
The majority of players log on to pvp/skirmish.
The system in place kind of spreads everyone out, until a focused effort for fighting develops.
In my opinion there are too many options on where to be, what to be doing. When we just want to simply fight each other. It happens in every zone all the time.
Im not sure why the emphasis is on separating everyone and having everyone to be in different places. We dont want to be in different places. We want to be in the same place fighting.
The best fights are ones that happen over time, not some zerg catches another zerg from the side and wipes them.
But prolonged fighting over an area! Where more and more people join.

1/2 BOs open at a time, locked BOs? I dunno, it just seems like we're being separated further and further, rather then being able to battle somewhere. My only suggestion would be to create this fighting place for us, so we dont just wander around trying to find it. The more places we can be the less overall fighting is going to take place and most of us just want to fight somewhere.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#123 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:40 am

Raggaz wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:21 am This is my experience it goes back to T1 nordland. In every zone theres a 'fighting' place usually develops. Most of the time its the closest BO to a keep, everyone just keeps fighting over it. Like festenplatz in T1.
DW, firespire.
TC, morr
Praag, ms.
ect ect ect.

Your intentions are to split up the zerg? But by doing this it takes away from fighting.
When a zone opens, its usually BO sitting till someone gets a ram. Once the keep siege starts then the fighting starts.
The system in place kind of spreads everyone out, until a focused effort for fighting develops.
In my opinion there are too many options on where to be, what to be doing. When we just want to simply fight each other. It happens in every zone all the time.
Im not sure why the emphasis is on separating everyone and having everyone to be in different places. We dont want to be in different places. We want to be in the same place fighting.
The best fights are ones that happen over time, not some zerg catches another zerg from the side and wipes them.

1/2 BOs open at a time, locked BOs? I dunno, it just seems like we're being separated further and further, rather then being able to battle somewhere. My only suggestion would be to create this fighting place for us, so we dont just wander around trying to find it. The more places we can be the less overall fighting is going to take place and most of us just want to fight somewhere.
If you choose to sit at a BO, that's your problem. You can tell where a BO is being held by the enemy, go there and fight.

This system is supposed to spread out the blobs, so good that it's working as intended.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fallenkezef

Re: Patch Notes 20/4/2018

Post#124 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 am

Snoxx wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:51 pm Sorry Torque, but I have to agree with Kryss.

This game should be about RvR/PvP, and I'm sure the majority of players want it that way.

Please don't make PvE a requirement for being competitive in PvP. Once PvE becomes the "endgame", I'm outta here, and I bet many others feel the same.
I always get amused when folk try to "speak for the majority" to push thier own preference.

The original game was never just about pvp and I'm sure the devs don't intend for this to be either.

WaR's unique BALANCE of PvE and PvP made it special. The well written quests, great dungeons combined with exciting SC and RvR.

I want to see more PvE and I'd like to think like others do aswell. What the dev's have done with Beastlord, Redeye and Sov is to create alternatives to the PvP gear not to supplant it and I welcome it!

I hope the Nurgle dungeon in IC opens one day, loved that one on live.

All dungeons will be open in time .
As I said , there is no PvE requieremznt for PVP gear , we will just make end game PvE gear really good too and if you want it you will need wards from previous dungeons
Alea iacta est

Snoxx

Post#125 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:58 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 am I always get amused when folk try to "speak for the majority" to push thier own preference.

The original game was never just about pvp and I'm sure the devs don't intend for this to be either.
The original game even required doing PvE to lock a RvR zone.
This was a very stupid game design, and had to be changed only few months after release.
Many players left the game early, possibly because of design flaws like this.
Fallenkezef wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 am WaR's unique BALANCE of PvE and PvP made it special. The well written quests, great dungeons combined with exciting SC and RvR.
If you want well written quests and great dungeons, there a several other MMOs to choose from.
If you want to play RvR, well ... there is nothing but WAR/RoR.
Fallenkezef wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 am I want to see more PvE and I'd like to think like others do aswell. What the dev's have done with Beastlord, Redeye and Sov is to create alternatives to the PvP gear not to supplant it and I welcome it!
Attention, Beastlord is not PvE. The Beastlord lairs are flagged as PvP areas for a reason. I greatly appreciate what the devs did here.

Gunbad on the other hand is pure instanced PvE with zero risk of getting ganked by the other faction.
It's fine to have some pure PvE dungeons in the game as alternative way to equip your chars, but PvE should never be a prerequisite to be competitive in PvP. Not in a game where you can create a level 1 char and play SC/RvR right from the start. If you don't want to PvE, you never have to do any. This is unique about WAR/RoR.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#126 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:13 am

I hope you are all understanding we are trying our best in the limit of our abilities.

We are trying to put this old game to the next level to release his full potential. The trip will be long and will take ages but step by step...

Keep in mind we are SO limited.
Keep in mind we can't reproduce exactly the original game cause we have no original sources.
Keep in mind there wasn't an original WAR, but multiple versions, and each of you has in mind a particular one.
Keep in mind we are player too and we are learning from our mistakes (cause ofc, we are doing some).
Keep in mind everything can't be tested before you test it.
Keep in mind this game is huge, and we can't do/solve/fix everything perfectly in first shot.
Keep in mind we are trying hard to keep WAR spirit alive, and i think none can say we don't :).

Fallenkezef

Post#127 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:27 am

Snoxx wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:58 am
Fallenkezef wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 am I always get amused when folk try to "speak for the majority" to push thier own preference.

The original game even required doing PvE to lock a RvR zone.
This was a very stupid game design, and had to be changed only few months after release.
Fallenkezef wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 am WaR's unique BALANCE of PvE and PvP made it special. The well written quests, great dungeons combined with exciting SC and RvR.
If you want well written quests and great dungeons, there a several other MMOs to choose from.
If you want to play RvR, well ... there is nothing but WAR/RoR.
Fallenkezef wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 am I want to see more PvE and I'd like to think like others do aswell. What the dev's have done with Beastlord, Redeye and Sov is to create alternatives to the PvP gear not to supplant it and I welcome it!
Attention, Beastlord is not PvE. The Beastlord lairs are flagged as PvP areas for a reason. I greatly appreciate what the devs did here.

Gunbad on the other hand is pure instanced PvE with zero risk of getting ganked by the other faction.
It's fine to have some pure PvE dungeons in the game as alternative way to equip your chars, but PvE should never be a prerequisite to be competitive in PvP. Not in a game where you can create a level 1 char and play SC/RvR right from the start. If you don't want to PvE, you never have to do any. This is unique about WAR/RoR.
Interesting how you choose to ignore what I wrote and create selective quotes to soapbox. Have you considered a career on politics?

As I stated, I suggest you read the post, the devs seem to be creating pve gear and content to supplement NOT supplant pvp gear.

The devs direction appears to combine the two with distinct preference towards pvp. Have you even looked at redeye and sov to compare it to conq/dom? Any pretence of an argument that you have to do pve to get good gear falls apart right there.

Devs do anything pve and these whines come out of the woodwork: "Do what I want or I'll quit! Everyone agrees with me, honest guv" don't the let that door hit you on the way out.

All of us, myself included, are entitled to have as much say on things as we pay for, which is precisely nothing.

Dev's do a good job and I welcome all the hard work PvP AND PvE.
Alea iacta est

Raggaz

Post#128 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:25 am

Raggaz wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:23 pm
Spoiler:
Hargrim wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:49 pm After some testing today I adjusted lords health to 50% of what it was before and changed healing from BOs to 2% per BO for now. Go, test and give us feedback.
Sorry but this is dumb.

Spent 40minutes sitting on a BO to get to rank2, then we siege 2 doors for 15minutes.
Now we are fighting a pve Boss and the enemy runs to their BOs..

There is no more pvp.
I'm only going to tolerate so much pissing in the patch notes.
All a giant misunderstanding on both parts.

EDIT: And if you look at my next post I made an edit saying maybe I spoke too soon.
And didnt even realize you were responding to this particular post. Sorry.

Ads
Raggaz

Post#129 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:33 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:40 am
Raggaz wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:21 am This is my experience it goes back to T1 nordland. In every zone theres a 'fighting' place usually develops. Most of the time its the closest BO to a keep, everyone just keeps fighting over it. Like festenplatz in T1.
DW, firespire.
TC, morr
Praag, ms.
ect ect ect.

If you choose to sit at a BO, that's your problem. You can tell where a BO is being held by the enemy, go there and fight.

This system is supposed to spread out the blobs, so good that it's working as intended.
And during times there is only 1 wb on for each side? What are we suppose to do? spread out to 6 people on 1 BO, for 1 wb to come by and kill us?
Going to a flag that your team is on, you have no idea how many actual players are on the BO. You get there and its like 1 person.. Then their 6man/wb comes by.
Why do we have to sit on BOs and be idle anyway? There is very little fighting until a keep siege happens. there isnt 3wbs on at all times of the day. This system only works with numbers.
Why are the changes made continued to spread us out over an area, taking away from potential fighting?
Why do you want to spread us out so much? You dont want us to fight?

michela89

Post#130 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:34 am

Snoxx wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:58 am The original game even required doing PvE to lock a RvR zone.
I was in from day one but I don't remember this, what pve did it require? asking out of pure curiosity