Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 29/01/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Ramlaen

Re: Patch Notes 29/01/2021

Post#91 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:15 pm

Sponn wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:53 pmDoes this mean Discordant Fluctuation for Chosen is going to be changed from Spirit damage to Physical as well?
Or have an ICD.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ads
Sponn
Suspended

Post#92 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:17 pm

mogulprince wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:12 pm
Sponn wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:53 pm Devs really need to implement changes through empirical observation and experience rather than.... whatever metric they use

Pretty sure nobody was complaining about On Your Guard, but if it isn't broke. Just change it anyway!

lol

Does this mean Discordant Fluctuation for Chosen is going to be changed from Spirit damage to Physical as well?

Probably not.

"Balance"
Check the bugtracker link in the patch notes. Somebody was dueling a SM and a WH and the SM apparently received more damage. Because the tooltip says "physical" instead of "elemental" they changed it. What that means in regards to damage I don't know, but looking at the comments in the bugtracker I'm not confident that these changes were tested before implementation (changing the tooltip to "elemental" could have been a different approach to this, or am I mistaken?). I assume that mitigation of the reflect damage will be even higher now, making this aura even less usable.
Oh thank you for clearing this up.

I guess that is the approach they want to go for Order, just nerf it when possible.

Heaven's Fury wasn't stunning for 5 seconds like the tooltip said, they could have changed the ability to match the tooltip but when the nerf route instead. Changing the tooltip to what the ability was doing improperly.

I guess they went the same route with "On Your Guard" I guess it was doing elemental dmg (which refelcts the chosens aura ability doing spirit dmg) but I guess instead of just changing the tooltip they just nerfed the ability.

Right on ty for the clarification. Bummer.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#93 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:20 pm

Sponn wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:53 pm Devs really need to implement changes through empirical observation and experience rather than.... whatever metric they use
Pretty sure nobody was complaining about On Your Guard, but if it isn't broke, just change it anyway!
lol
You didnt click the link to bugtracker but still giving tips how devs must work...seriously?

Neverever

Post#94 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:21 pm

Sponn wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:09 pm
Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:07 pm
Akalukz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:48 pm

Never ever quit what you're smoking. SW have core leap? SW have on move KD? SW have Armor Bonus, AoE Punt? Cooldown Increaser? hmm man I Need to go look at my mastery tree again.
We both know why you have neglected to quote your original post. To make it clear for everyone here is your original post.
Akalukz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:04 pm It's like SH are are steriods. Range DPS / Tank / Melee DPS. Now they just need an AoE heal.
And yes SW can be Ranged DPS/ Tank / Melee DPS. Stop bellydancing.
SW has gaurd?

Didn't know that

Your bias is showing btw. You should roll a SW if you think they are so godly you will be very disappointed.
SH has a guard ?

yiddos1111

Post#95 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:28 pm

i am actually beginning to think that the devs want the game dead,maybe they are bored with working on the game for free and its time to wind it up, the pop and char imbalance is getting worse with each patch and loads of order have logged off because of it, i just dont know anymore or care, the only ppl still getting excited are destro players with there ezmode gameplay,or are the devs so blind that they honestly dont see what they are doing because of there destro bias,i just dont know.

balvor877
Suspended

Post#96 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:29 pm

Nadril21 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:24 pm
balvor877 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:59 pm - Once there was a time where only WL had pounce
- Then SH got pounce
- Then WL and SH pounce got nerfed on distance
- Then WE got a broken pounce from stealth

Now all three have base line pounce (WE from stealth with snare, 30ft).

Who got nerfed in the end? WL
Who got buffs in the end? Two times destro

I don't know what you devs are smoking... I guess it's order every day. Thanks guys, appreciate your destro loving...
Year ago I put in a balance suggestion for the WH/WE that involved giving them a snare option on one of their openers.
The answer? Declining - "your tanks should take care of locking down the target."

Obviously giving both the WE and WH a snare opener would be broken, but giving the WE a pounce AND a snare is balance.
That's for sure not how you "balance" things... Nobody asked for that in the first place. Just a random "hey, why not make an already strong class a bit stronger and you know what? Let's nerf knights when we are already at it but hey leave Chosens alone - lulz"

Ramlaen

Post#97 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:30 pm

Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:21 pm
Sponn wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:09 pm
Neverever wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:07 pm

We both know why you have neglected to quote your original post. To make it clear for everyone here is your original post.

And yes SW can be Ranged DPS/ Tank / Melee DPS. Stop bellydancing.
SW has gaurd?

Didn't know that

Your bias is showing btw. You should roll a SW if you think they are so godly you will be very disappointed.
SH has a guard ?
He is clearly referring to how durable (tanky) SH are with squig armor.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Bozzax

Post#98 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:32 pm

Krima wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:55 pm
Everdin wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:51 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:05 pm

Balance Changes

- Treacherous Assault: The 30ft pounce component has been removed from this ability.

-NEW: Shadow Leap: A 30 ft pounce 'opener' core ability that additionally snares your target on landing.

Pounce has big problems with people are to far away while the pouncer is landing, now WE is the only class not affected by this problem. Nice for a class that shouldn't even have this ability....
Dont worry.. nobody is going to use pounce on a WE.

Why not give the same WH armordebuff?? would be that OP ?
Hmm i must add I think I’ve played every class at 40/60+ on or ror/aor and ofc I’ll use a pounce snare. I even thought ol’ TA pounce was usefull
Last edited by Bozzax on Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
detrap

Post#99 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:33 pm

balvor877 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:29 pm
Nadril21 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:24 pm
balvor877 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:59 pm - Once there was a time where only WL had pounce
- Then SH got pounce
- Then WL and SH pounce got nerfed on distance
- Then WE got a broken pounce from stealth

Now all three have base line pounce (WE from stealth with snare, 30ft).

Who got nerfed in the end? WL
Who got buffs in the end? Two times destro

I don't know what you devs are smoking... I guess it's order every day. Thanks guys, appreciate your destro loving...
Year ago I put in a balance suggestion for the WH/WE that involved giving them a snare option on one of their openers.
The answer? Declining - "your tanks should take care of locking down the target."

Obviously giving both the WE and WH a snare opener would be broken, but giving the WE a pounce AND a snare is balance.
That's for sure not how you "balance" things... Nobody asked for that in the first place. Just a random "hey, why not make an already strong class a bit stronger and you know what? Let's nerf knights when we are already at it but hey leave Chosens alone - lulz"
What part of this patch did they nerf knights?
Last edited by detrap on Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

wachlarz

Post#100 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:35 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:10 pm
wachlarz wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:26 pm

So i buy 3 ranged skill 2 tac for ranged skills and i will pounce to enemy to hit him with Melle autoattack ? For me its not imagination game.
You pounce to get away, not to attack with a rSH. It's not that hard to guess. The moment you get either pulled or rooted you use SA anyway to increase your defenses.
So def stun is bad, but def pouce is good ?