Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
sundey

Re: Patch Notes 28/05/2021

Post#241 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:11 pm

I don't think anyone would disagree that other addons (like BuffHead) give massive advantages to those who use them over those who don't. But do people really not see the difference between addons (like buffhead) that simplify gameplay and/or decision-making but still ultimately rely on human action and the conditional component of NB that automates aspects of play? It's possible someone may believe that addons like BuffHead are also unacceptable, but that's a separate topic - maybe try your luck in Suggestions.

I think people sometimes forget (or pretend to forget) that games, particularly PvP ones, have a huge psychological component. Where other addons still allow for human error (at some point you'll miss-click or choose a non-optimal ability in the middle of a fight despite your perfect BuffHead setup and Aura notifications), conditional checkers can completely remove the risk of making some of those kinds of mistakes.

The indirect impact on players with disabilities is sad, and it's always been an issue raised when banning NB has been talked about; one problem of course is that it's also a convenient reason for people who don't have a relevant disability. Imagine everyone would agree that finding some solution to this if possible would be a good thing.

With regard to varying number of keybinds between classes, I don't know if this is really an issue in general - it's never affected my selection or enjoyment of classes, and I've never felt it was 'unfair' that another class had it easier. If people rush to the simpler classes, then just re-balance so the more complex ones are worth it. I'll say as well that I played IB for a long time with basic keybinds only - not even a gaming mouse - so it's definitely possible. Requires a bit of creativity in setting it up but you get used to it.

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#242 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:13 pm

cairlaith wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:05 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:50 pm
You see, you analize, you make decision, hit the button - takes more time than hitting same button as fast as you can waiting for perfect conditions to apply so your skill has 100% success rate.
Yes you are right, i realy understand what you mean. Then how about ibs/bgs that play with 10-12 effective skills against sorcs/bws are good with 4-5 skills? can you find a fair way? Oh true they can use 3rd party softwares or macro keyboards/mouses right? is it fair way? and how about PlanB? why it wasnt blocked?

Love duelling sorcs and magi. I don't use any 3rd party ****. I don't use PlanB or anything that will automate my playing for me.
It's the only way to get better.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

sundey

Post#243 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:16 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:46 pm
Vilhelmina wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:38 pm
Ninjagon wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:34 pm Do not use addon MORALE CIRCLE - it cause the CD bug too!
GOOD GOD YOU ARE A SAVIOUR!
I've reloaded my UI,
I've reset my UI,
I've used another UI from another character, and none of them cleared the 3sec bug.

Disabling MoraleCircle fixed it!

+1,000 internets to you!
Somehow I cannot get the original Morale Bar to show up again
Did you manage to fix this? I had to remove MoraleCircle in the past because of this. A fix posted somewhere on the forum is to paste "/script WindowSetShowing("EA_MoraleBar",true)" into chat. Worked permanently at times but on some chars I had to do it repeatedly. Might be worth a try.

TenTonHammer

Post#244 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:17 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:47 pm
It's just copium for the people who had 24 abilities bound to one key with conditionals set so NB would basically play the game for them.
More like copium for people who want to blame NB for the reason they lost a 1v1 or believe misinformation like how "NB bypassed GCDs"

people with macros and multi button mouses dont care how much more skillfull you think pressing 12345 is than pressing 111111 is and even with NB gone will continue to use macros and other 3rd party stuff or hardware to do exactly the same.

and this isnt even considering people with disabilites who actually DO need NB to make the game easier to play

but i guess its just all "copium"

Everdin

Post#245 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:24 pm

All mentioned addons have a more then huge impact on the performance of players. Of course, the kind of using game mechanics is differentm but if someone tell me he can perform vanilla exactly like with addons is a liar.

If I decide not to use any addon it is my fault not to use it, and I should not call everyone else a cheater because he uses them.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

squiggastolemybike

Post#246 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:24 pm

Bringing up Buffhead or Enemy addons as a comparison to NB here is extremely stupid. Weak default UI is Mythic's oversight (+it is an ancient game). Tracking necessary information in combat and reacting adequately by deciding on the fly using your own brain what ability you should be using in that moment and manually pressing the button in your hotbar at your own reflex speed is not quite the same as machine gunning button X and having software rotate 15 or something abilities for you (even if there are no complicated checks involved).

Things like choppa/slayer backstab should be addressed in future, in my opinion, since on a global server where people casually parry with their backs to you NB removal becomes an obvious problem to manually land those backstab attacks in a tiny window of opportunity (if target is freely moving and not KD'd or ChCH'd).

IB/BG toolkit could also be condensed into something more meaningful (although you clearly do not need to press everything you have there; there are crucial things that aid the pursued goal and things that will just waste your GCDs without bringing any real impact).

I understand that many players have had false idea of their actual skill level in this game and now are feeling a little unhinged. :lol: I would suggest those who like to threaten devs and players by leaving RoR due to NB removal to go and play shooter games on console platforms. I have heard you get a legal aim helping technology built in there (basiacally, an aimbot). :lol:
83 Marauder ][ 82 Zealot ][ 82 Chosen
83 Black Orc ][ 82 Ironbreaker ][ 81 Blackguard
82 Sorceress ][ 83 Choppa ][ 82 Shadow Warrior
81 Witch Elf ][ 81 Witch Hunter ][ 81 Squig Herder
83 Shaman ][ 82 DoK ][ 80 WP ][ 79 SL, SM, WL

TenTonHammer

Post#247 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:35 pm

squiggastolemybike wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:24 pm Bringing up Buffhead or Enemy addons as a comparison to NB here is extremely stupid. Weak default UI is Mythic's oversight (+it is an ancient game). Tracking necessary information in combat and reacting adequately by deciding on the fly using your own brain what ability you should be using in that moment and manually pressing the button in your hotbar at your own reflex speed is not quite the same as machine gunning button X and having software rotate 15 or something abilities for you (even if there are no complicated checks involved).

Things like choppa/slayer backstab should be addressed in future, in my opinion, since on a global server where people casually parry with their backs to you NB removal becomes an obvious problem to manually land those backstab attacks in a tiny window of opportunity (if target is freely moving and not KD'd or ChCH'd).

IB/BG toolkit could also be condensed into something more meaningful (although you clearly do not need to press everything you have there; there are crucial things that aid the pursued goal and things that will just waste your GCDs without bringing any real impact).

I understand that many players have had false idea of their actual skill level in this game and now are feeling a little unhinged. :lol: I would suggest those who like to threaten devs and players by leaving RoR due to NB removal to go and play shooter games on console platforms. I have heard you get a legal aim helping technology built in there (basiacally, an aimbot). :lol:
So instead of addressing the issues like badly designed abilities and ability bloat first then remove the add-on that's been part of the game basically since live release, let's just remove it and in your case laugh and tell them to "get good" while also ignoring the people who genuinely need NB for accessibility due to disability reasons

cairlaith

Post#248 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:38 pm

squiggastolemybike wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:24 pm Bringing up Buffhead or Enemy addons as a comparison to NB here is extremely stupid. Weak default UI is Mythic's oversight (+it is an ancient game). Tracking necessary information in combat and reacting adequately by deciding on the fly using your own brain what ability you should be using in that moment and manually pressing the button in your hotbar at your own reflex speed is not quite the same as machine gunning button X and having software rotate 15 or something abilities for you (even if there are no complicated checks involved).

Good or bad, you like it or not, this game has own ui elements? and this game has enemy target unit frame? and that one has buff/debuff indicators? yes... Then use core elements, dont use buffhead/daoc/teather etc etc
actually whats the wrong with just using cast squencer? 4.times i write; im not talking about simple algorthms by nb conditios/effects... blocking nb but not blocking PlanB, Isn't it suspicious?
Boxmoney
Socksfunny
Bugstanny
Bowen
Idel

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#249 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:42 pm

cairlaith wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:38 pm

Good or bad, you like it or not, this game has own ui elements? and this game has enemy target unit frame? and that one has buff/debuff indicators? yes... Then use core elements, dont use buffhead/daoc/teather etc etc
actually whats the wrong with just using cast squencer? 4.times i write; im not talking about simple algorthms by nb conditios/effects... blocking nb but not blocking PlanB, Isn't it suspicious?
If an enterprising addon developer wanted to re-write Nerfed Buttons to use hotbar switching instead of actively switching abilities on the fly, it could potentially still work. It would be much more limited to the number of skills you could have per button as there's only so many hotbars available and you would still need a couple hotbars in reserve for skills that weren't switched, but it would be possible. I'm sure people concerned are already looking into it when it was specifically noted that PlanB was allowed to still function. It wouldn't be good by any means since you're basically giving all of your hotbars for very limited functionality.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Lithenir

Post#250 » Sat May 29, 2021 6:46 pm

sundey wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:16 pm
Lithenir wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:46 pm
Vilhelmina wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:38 pm

GOOD GOD YOU ARE A SAVIOUR!
I've reloaded my UI,
I've reset my UI,
I've used another UI from another character, and none of them cleared the 3sec bug.

Disabling MoraleCircle fixed it!

+1,000 internets to you!
Somehow I cannot get the original Morale Bar to show up again
Did you manage to fix this? I had to remove MoraleCircle in the past because of this. A fix posted somewhere on the forum is to paste "/script WindowSetShowing("EA_MoraleBar",true)" into chat. Worked permanently at times but on some chars I had to do it repeatedly. Might be worth a try.
I didn't but someone gave me on tip in this thread and copied something from vinyui thread. Don't remember what it was. Can look it up when I am on my computer if you still interested.

But actually updating morale circle to the last version fixed the 3 sec CD crap

PS. Got it for you

from the VinyUI Page maybe it helps you.

If you are above rank 8 and still can't see the morale bar open Layout Editor, press Reset but DO NOT save and press cancel instead. This will make all of the default windows appear again.

Thanks to Doktorek for posting this workaround.

+ doing a /rel
[/quote]
Last edited by Lithenir on Sat May 29, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.