Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 04/11/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
agemennon675

Re: Patch Notes 04/11/2021

Post#81 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:37 pm

ohmtastic wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:28 pm Well you didn't see SW in organised WB's and now you won't see them in pug warbands. Nerfed their damage and still as squishy as luke warm butter.

The whole SW RVR build was to attach as many DoTs to as many targets as possible and allow the weight of that damage combined with the rest of your WB to overcome the healing... This patch change has reduced SW average DPS output by 200dps just by stopping the 3x stacking for broadhead, which by the way is easy to counter with dodge % stacking, block % stacking an having a healer rotating a AOE cleanse, so why did this even need to happen?. You've also made it so the class is even more AP starved than it was before. It was a struggling class for DPS output anyway, now why bother with anything but a BW.

Glass Arrow allowed for more single target damage how it was before, now it is an ability that no-one will ever use (range reduction is pointless and the damage output at ~500 is pitiful compared to the basic eagle eye ability).
Steady Aim for a blanket +25% crit damage for ranged attacked for a +25% ap per ranged ability.... Flame arrow now 50ap, Liliths arrow now 50ap, barrage 44ap, spiral fletched and broadhead now 31ap each. You're out of AP in one rotation and you've only put out around 6.5k damage on a training dummy.

I'm going to need an IB to give me AP just to be able to actually do anything. Thanks for ruining this class for me. Now to make a 2h slayer....
Just roll a slayer at this point, SW got nerfed because many destro saw bha stacks on them and they though it was the only thing that is killing them. Btw SL had much more aoe and st pressure than Skirm sw even before this nerf, which is funny imo
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
Runiz

Post#82 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:04 pm

ohmtastic wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:28 pm Well you didn't see SW in organised WB's and now you won't see them in pug warbands. Nerfed their damage and still as squishy as luke warm butter.

The whole SW RVR build was to attach as many DoTs to as many targets as possible and allow the weight of that damage combined with the rest of your WB to overcome the healing... This patch change has reduced SW average DPS output by 200dps just by stopping the 3x stacking for broadhead, which by the way is easy to counter with dodge % stacking, block % stacking an having a healer rotating a AOE cleanse, so why did this even need to happen?. You've also made it so the class is even more AP starved than it was before. It was a struggling class for DPS output anyway, now why bother with anything but a BW.

Glass Arrow allowed for more single target damage how it was before, now it is an ability that no-one will ever use (range reduction is pointless and the damage output at ~500 is pitiful compared to the basic eagle eye ability).
Steady Aim for a blanket +25% crit damage for ranged attacked for a +25% ap per ranged ability.... Flame arrow now 50ap, Liliths arrow now 50ap, barrage 44ap, spiral fletched and broadhead now 31ap each. You're out of AP in one rotation and you've only put out around 6.5k damage on a training dummy.

I'm going to need an IB to give me AP just to be able to actually do anything. Thanks for ruining this class for me. Now to make a 2h slayer....
Ranged SW can definitely be in an organized wb. But sure, make a 2h slayer. That'll ensure your wb spot!
Sporrk

Order: SL/IB/Engi
Destro: Chop/Mara/Chos/BO

Whyumadbro

Post#83 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:25 pm

Runiz wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:04 pm

Ranged SW can definitely be in an organized wb. But sure, make a 2h slayer. That'll ensure your wb spot!
well we got a little buff....

ExcretusMaximus

Post#84 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:10 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:37 pm Btw SL had much more aoe and st pressure than Skirm sw even before this nerf, which is funny imo

SL?
<Countered By Skill> & <RUN AWAY>
...........(active)...................(inactive)

CyunUnderis

Post#85 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:00 pm

ExcretusMaximus wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:10 pm SL?
Slayer

Thorondir

Post#86 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:52 pm

Big thumbs up to the SW changes. Feels like SW is back. I really don't get the complaining about it.

Old glass arrow was a net loss of DPS because it drained AP even during internal cooldown and the ~100 extra physical damage after mitigation was not worth it. New glass arrow gives an instant cast 100ft quick damage that gives scout back some of its mobility. The range debuff is absolutely worth it if you know how to use it to counter enemy casts.

Steady Aim is a straight up buff. 25% extra crit damage is absolutely worth using and feels like the damage normalization that the class needed ever since UF was removed. Previously, to use steady aim you had to bend over backwards and tie it into focused mind, or sov 8p - even then it was still not worth it with the increased cast times. The AP costs are less than the old glass arrow for scout SWs. If you are running skirm, probably time to work replenishing strikes back into the build. Stacking crit is essential to make the class really shine.

BHA changes are long past due. I see a lot of SWs complaining about this, but I honestly never understood triple stack BHA and don't get the complaints now. BHA spam was useful in forts with a stacked up choke point, but you are fooling yourself if you think it was effective in any other circumstances and more than big number fluff damage. Freeing up 2 GCDs and getting ~2/3 of the triple stack damage on one GCD is honestly pretty good. If you are making effective use of Steady Aim and using your freed up GCDs effectively, your DPS, it is straight up better. Boggles the mind that BHA was ever made AOE in the first place and the changes are a net buff if you spec properly and use your GCDs effectively.

I get the shadowstep changes. I was always surprised that it was core anyhow. It could be handy for kiting, but mainly getting myself unstuck. Only SW nerf in this patch.

scatterthewinds

Post#87 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:00 pm

gj with tank changes but too late, game's dead. you never should've touched any of the tank mechanics.

Sulorie

Post#88 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:40 am

scatterthewinds wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:00 pm gj with tank changes but too late, game's dead. you never should've touched any of the tank mechanics.
It's dead since many years as people say this again and again. :lol:
Dying is no option.

Ads
Araco

Post#89 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:11 pm

Im Ocara, i dont post to much for here, but i would like know whats the point of change bounce for make the melee squig herder completly useless as a mobility aoe dps. For use it at wb he lose a lot with that change, and i dont see tons of melee squigs for completly crip the class. Without KD is more useless than ever.

normanis

Post#90 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:25 pm

maby destro has eunugh with mara aoe knockdown.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"