Ads

Patch Notes 02/09/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Goryak

Re: Patch Notes 02/09/2020

Post#11 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:06 pm

Was hoping for an AH change.

Can we please have it addressed? Current system is flawed.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=40584
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

Ads
Mythrendir

Post#12 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:20 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:58 pm [Weekend Warfront: Return to Nordenwatch]

[Disciple of Khaine]

- Blood Offering: This ability no longer gives an extra tick of Soul Essence when it is interrupted. Casting it on the move only gives one tick now.

- Fist of Khaine: Lowered Soul Essence cost to 15.

- Consume Essence: Increased cost from 30 SE to 35 SE.

- Devour Essence: This is now classed as a Blessing and can be severed.

Let me start by saying I appreciate all your work but I need to express a frustration that I and many others are feelings atm about WP/DOK changes.
It was clear that people asked for the changes from the last patch on DOK and WarriorPriest to be reverted, and Devs' response to the community is to further/continue to nerf the class to the ground....?

All credibility in term of balancing the game is lost when you're doing changes to a small subspec species of dps/shield spec WP/DOk while we have other priorities, i.e. ranged kiting+infinite ap dps AM/Shammies running around.
People spends hours leveling and gearing their class or a specific spec only for you guys to come in and destroy it every few months even though it was NOT needed and nobody asked for this.
The classes in this case were decently viable, easy to counter, not saturated at all in RVR and already required more skill than 99% of classes in game.
This was clearly targeted by someone who had difficulty against dps or shield spec WP/DOKs, sorry to say but it looks very unprofessional and/or bias.

In the spirit of preventing the loss of even more players in the long run, we can start by removing all dps specs for "healing" archetype classes and rebuilding them from the ground if you're gonna waste so much time fixing a class or spec and then a few months later butchering it into the ground.

I will always love you guys and remain loyal to you and this server forever but I just had to confer my civil disagreement. :cry: :( :?

Rydiak

Post#13 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Mythrendir wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:20 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:58 pm [Weekend Warfront: Return to Nordenwatch]

[Disciple of Khaine]

- Blood Offering: This ability no longer gives an extra tick of Soul Essence when it is interrupted. Casting it on the move only gives one tick now.

- Fist of Khaine: Lowered Soul Essence cost to 15.

- Consume Essence: Increased cost from 30 SE to 35 SE.

- Devour Essence: This is now classed as a Blessing and can be severed.

Let me start by saying I appreciate all your work but I need to express a frustration that I and many others are feelings atm about WP/DOK changes.
It was clear that people asked for the changes from the last patch on DOK and WarriorPriest to be reverted, and Devs' response to the community is to further/continue to nerf the class to the ground....?

All credibility in term of balancing the game is lost when you're doing changes to a small subspec species of dps/shield spec WP/DOk while we have other priorities, i.e. ranged kiting+infinite ap dps AM/Shammies running around.
People spends hours leveling and gearing their class or a specific spec only for you guys to come in and destroy it every few months even though it was NOT needed and nobody asked for this.
The classes in this case were decently viable, easy to counter, not saturated at all in RVR and already required more skill than 99% of classes in game.
This was clearly targeted by someone who had difficulty against dps or shield spec WP/DOKs, sorry to say but it looks very unprofessional and/or bias.

In the spirit of preventing the loss of even more players in the long run, we can start by removing all dps specs for "healing" archetype classes and rebuilding them from the ground if you're gonna waste so much time fixing a class or spec and then a few months later butchering it into the ground.

I will always love you guys and remain loyal to you and this server forever but I just had to confer my civil disagreement. :cry: :( :?
You are out of your mind if you think last week's patch nerfed shield spec WP/DoK "in to the ground." Shield spec was actually overperforming after the patch; though the intended effect of increased RF/SE usage was achieved, it wasn't enough of a usage increase to offset what essentially equated to the addition of a second resource pool to the spec. *I* along with several other top-end Grace/Sacrifice WP/DoKs recommended the reduction in RF/SE gain and the increase in RF/SE expenditure. If you think that the top-end people playing the spec recommending it gets toned down is "unprofessional" or shows "bias", then I am not sure you are arguing in good faith or with any semblance of knowledge.

Additionally, multiple devs work on multiple things. Because something that you feel requires the entire dev team's attention wasn't looked at this patch does not mean someone on the dev team isn't working on it.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Zxul

Post#14 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:57 pm

About the dok/wp changes, posting it here as well:

Dps/snb dok/wp got a good buff in previous patch for the area that they are good at- sc/ranked/6man- while nerf for area where they are bad at- rvr vs kiters.

Main buff is that resource management become much easier:

Dw/2h- dok/wp kill with constant high dmg pressure, and 50%+ of dw/2h dmg comes from aa with aa haste. Before patch, when running out of ap dok/wp could only switch to Rend Soul/Divine Assault (channels)- losing aa dmg, meaning a major dmg drop. Now, dok/wp can switch to using Divine Strike/Consume Essence which cost SE/RF- keeping aa dmg, resulting in a major dmg buff with patch. In addition, Drowning In Blood/Sigmar's Wrath costing 60 SE/RF instead of 25 ap gives a minor buff to resource management as well- since those are followed by physical dmg skills which build SE/RF, the change made them to not cost resources practically speaking.

Snb- as I posted in previous patch notes, by alterning between Transfer Essence/Sigmar's Radiance (cost AP and build SE/RF) and Divine Strike/Consume Essence (cost SE/RF) dok/wp now gets off two heals for resource cost of one. If used for heals WS isn't actually required, since for Transfer Essence/Sigmar's Radiance 85% of str in directly translated into heal, no matter the actual dmg after mitigation.

From other hand, in rvr dok/wp become even more vulnerable to being kited- from testing, even when using chalice for regen the Fist of Khaine/Judgement change is really felt. Without the chalice, dw/2h dok/wp at least got some regen by spamming Fell Sacrifice/Souifire, snb dok/wp can just go afk if he runs into kiter.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

gglanouille

Post#15 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:08 pm

MightyPhred wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:05 pm It's been a very very very long time since I last tried, but if the tome unlock is fixed now, is it actually possible to get the lair of the bleakwing matriarch now?

last time I tried you had to take a very long and confusing route over the mountains which led into "dangerous territory", back on live I vaguely recall that you were supposed to be carried there by an npc griffin
This Achievement unlock should be triggered by entering inside the lair of the Bleakwing Matriarch in Talabecland (46k 64k). Killing Unguarded Griffon Eggs should make Bleakwing Griffons attacking you, then they make you fly onto the ledge of lair. It is nevertheless possible to go to the lair through moutains.

anarchypark

Post#16 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:30 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote:
- Rewritten the Area system. The area of the zone you are in will now appear above the minimap.
this is surprise. waited it so long. if it shows on the map roleplayers will love it. rich contents. 10/10. GJ

ReturnOfReckoning wrote:
- Ignoring a player also ignores emotes from that player.
another QoL.

Thank you
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

M0rw47h

Post#17 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:34 pm

I would like to complain about patch notes, but sadly, there is nothing to complain about. Just another amazing patch.

Grock

Post#18 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:51 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:58 pm [Abilities]

[Runepriest]

- Rune of Burning: Lowered the AP cost from 20 AP/s -> 13 AP/s (this matches most of the other magic rDPS channel abilities)

[Zealot]

- Storm of Ravens: Lowered the AP cost from 20 AP/s -> 13 AP/s (this matches most of the other magic rDPS channel abilities)
BTW Rune of Burning isn't working correctly now, it should tick every 2s for 4 ticks over 6s, instead of ticks every 1s for 7 ticks over 6 seconds, which results in it doing less damage than what's said on the tooltip.

I'm too lazy to make a bugreport :oops:

I haven't had a chance to test Zealot verions

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:58 pm [Zealot]

- Windblock: [17662] The heal debuff component of Windblock no longer stacks with other heal debuffs (The order equivalent "Looks Like a Challenge" didn't stack even before)
Great change!
But order doesn't really have an "equivalent" as far as i can tell

"Looks LIke A Challenge" is a mirror to Choppa's M4 from the same tree - almost dysfunctional single-target 2h spec that has no use in warband play, on a class that has no morale pump and no hope to even reach m4 it in any comfortable time (and also with a big risk of having to blow it all on M1 to survive)

vs Zealot's m4 in aoe dmg/utility tree where literally everything is amazing and useful, and with a built-in self morale pump tactic... And Zealot's version even does more damage from the looks of it

Not complaining, just being a nerd :)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
dekadd

Post#19 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:14 pm

Any ETA of SH rework?

sadistic

Post#20 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:26 pm

Bolstering is not working in Nordlands after update so all the rank 13-15 are murdering the lowbies